My best friend..

Chapter Eight..

Damon's POV. 

Inside the tomb. 

"where the hell are you Katherine?" I said. I looked around, but there's no sign of Katherine, Anna entered the tomb she stop in front of me, I realized that the grayish vampire in front of me was Pearl, her mom,. 

"did you see Katherine?" I asked,  

She looked at me with sympathized,. "she's not here Damon, I'm sorry."  

My eyes widened, " what are you talking about?" I growled. 

" she's not buried here Damon" Pearl said, regaining her strength,. 

" she's in Chicago, we've run into each other when I'm there".. " she didn't care about you Damon" as soon as she told me that, she ran out of the tomb with Pearl. 

I froze, I've been waiting for a hundred years to be with her, I felt hurt, hate, and fooled, being fooled by the girl I loved,.  

My thoughts cut off when I saw Stefan next to me, "Damon we need to get out of here, now." Stefan said. He looked around, " where's Katherine?" I shook my head

" what?" Stefan  said, "come on,Angel can't hold it anymore" we ran out of the tomb. 

As we came out, I still felt hurt I was in a terrible situation, my mind was occupied of what happened inside, I looked at Angel, my eyes widened when I saw her, her face was pale, she curve her lips to smile, but it didn't reach her eyes. 

"where's Katherine?" she asked almost a whisper, her voice was broken, the hurt that I felt earlier became more hurt. 

I shook my head, " she's not there" I said looking at her. 

" I'm sorry" she whispered. Then she make a step closer to me but before she reached me she fell. I ran to her, I caught her before she touch the ground. 

" what happen?" Elena said,. 

I carried Angel, "what's going on with her?" I yelled,. I ran to Angel's car,.I put her gently on the passenger seat. then I ran to the other side,. They all standing in front of the car with panicked on their eyes,. " Bonnie, Stefan we'll talked about this later" I get inside the car and I pulled out the car and drive as fast as I can. 

I stopped in front of our house, I carried Angel inside the boarding house,.and laid her on my bed. I almost forgot about Katherine, I felt terrified seeing Angel, I don't know what happen to her, I walked back and forth inside the room, a few minutes later Stefan, Elena, bonnie and Jeremy came. 

I ran speed to the parlor, " where's Angel?" Jeremy and Elena asked simultaneously,  

" in my room" I said, they ran out of the parlor. 

As soon as Jeremy and Elena was out of my sight, I ran to Stefan, I held his collar, I don't know why I'm so angry, but I felt that he know something that I don't know. " what do you know?" I asked venomously,  

I looked at him, his having a second thought about telling me the truth, "the spell she did was a powerful spell." he said. 

"what do you mean?" I growled. 

"ask Bonnie, she knows what it is" he said, holding his breath. 

I threw him on the wall, maybe I just really need to find a way to ease my anger. I looked at Bonnie, wait for her to talk,. I don't need to talk anymore. 

"the spell was powerful" she said, 

" yeah, that's what Stefan said, earlier" I said. Irritated.