F r o z e n Y o g u r t

"Hello?"

"Are you African?"

"What?"

"African love you."

□ □ □ □ □ □

Aria smiled at her phone. He had used the first pickup line he'd used on her.

That first day when he called, she thought he was a prank caller. Now, she was madly in love.

"Aria." He said. She thought her name was best said in his voice."

"Yes?" She replied, the smile still plastered on her face.

"Meet me at the candy store in five minutes."

And she did.

□ □ □ □ □ □

Aria opened the candy store's door and heard the familiar ring of the bell above the door.

She had quit and her (ex)co-worker, Caitlyn, was running the register. Aria spotted Sawyer's familiar dark brown hair in the booth that was closest to her old register. She walked over to him and sat across from him.

She had worn a light blue, mid thigh length dress with black boots. Seeing Sawyer in a dark blue button up and jeans made her stomach flutter.

"Hey." Sawyer greeted her.

Aria reached across the table for his hand, which he gladly accepted. "Hey."

"We leave for Italy tomorrow." He stated with a grin.

"13 hours to be exact."

He chuckled at her, and she joined him.

He stood up and put his hand out so that she would stand up and join him. They walked out of the candy store but it had started raining.

They didn't care.

They walked under the rain, their hair getting wet and sticking to their faces. Then, they started dancing in the rain.

Running through puddles and jumping in them to dancing between people and other couples. Some people shouted at them for being a couple of teenagers splashing them by accident.

It became pitch dark soon after. Sawyer stopped under a street lamp, Aria right beside them.

"Does it rain a lot in Italy?" He asked.

"Sometimes, why?" She replied, slightly confused.

"I'll remember that I kissed the most beautiful girl under the 7th Street street lamp in the rain."

"But you didn't kiss-"

He leaned down kissed her, and she kissed him back. In the rain. Under the 7th Street street lamp.

It was like their first kiss; natural with a familiarity and comfort.

They stopped kissing. Their foreheads were touching, but her eyes were closed  while his vibrant eyes were staring at her. She was smiling and each time she exhaled, there was smoke between them.

Aria stepped up onto her tiptoes and kissed Sawyer again.

□■□■□■□■□■□
T H E  E N D