chapter 12

I woke in a small room. I could hear the faint beep of a heart monitor. I sat straight up and looked arpind. There was an iv in my arm and i was contected to a hearr monitor and a breathing machine. I started freaking out. I pulled the heart monitor off and the machine away from my nose. I pulled the iv out and moved away from the bed. So many memories flooded my mind all at once. The one that repeated constantly was the one of Cassie and how many endless days we spent there. Tears came to my eyes and i backed into the wall sending a wave of pain over my back. At that seconds Charley and three nurses came in. They looked terified. "Luna sit down," Charley said calmingly but it only madd me furious. "No! Im not! Not again!" I screamdd moving towards him. I saw the nurses moving around me. "Luna please just sot down!" Charley yelled. "Let us help you!" "They all said they could help me! They all did! The only thing they did was hurt me!" I screamed tears rolling down my cheeks. I turned and faced the nurse. She had a needle in her hand. The minute i turned my back Charley tackled me. He wrappe dhis arms around me locking them together. His arms were over my my arms but under my boobs. I started struggling and threw my head back hitting Charley. "LUNA CALM DOWN RELAX BREATHE!" he yelled. My knees buckled and Charley helpped me to the floor. He sat beside me letting me use him as a wall. He smoothed back my hair as he soothed me. Tearsstill streamed down my face. "Breath Luna breath," he whispered calmly. My breaths were short an dragged. After twnety minutes i was calm. We still hadnt moved thw nurses had left though. "You need to sleep," Charley whispered. "No i cant not right now not after that," i whispered back. "Come on lets get you to your room." He stood lifting me up bridal style. He walked slowly to my room. Once inside he set me down gently on the bed. "Luna you have to trust me. Sleep you will feel better," he said sitting next to me. "No, too many memories too much pain," i said back. I curled in a ball a,turning away from him. "What happened thats made you so afraid?" I didnt answer. He put his hand on my leg. "Nothing is going to happen to you like that again," he said trying to be reasuring. "How do you know it hasnt already happenes?" I asked turning towards him.  He looked at me in shock."What happened?" he almost gasped. I turned away from him again and faced the wall. "Sleep we can talk later." He stood and left closign the windows before he did. Slowly i fell asleep after i sent a silent prayer up.

I woke with a jump. I looked around and saw no one. I breathed a sigh of relief. I stood on shaky legs and walked to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and i could have sworn i was back at the hospital. I looked like crap with the bags under my eyes and the dazed look in my eye. I turned away and leaned against the counter. How could this happen again? How could i LET this happen again? I closed my eyes and tried not to think about it. I turned back to the sink and splashed water in my face. I reached around for the towel before i found it. I wiped my face and looked in the mirror. I screamed when i saw Charley behind me. I spun around so fast i smacked my knee on the cabinet. "Did i startle you?" he asked with a slight smirk on his face. "No i just screamed for no reason," i said sarcasm dripping from my voice. "What made you so affraid?" "Please just drop it." I turned and left the bathroom with Charley at my heels. "What happened?" he asked not dropping the subject. "Charley please jsut drop it! I dont wanna talk about it any more than i have to!" I walked around the room picking up things and making it all nice and tidy, anything to keep my mind off of what happened. "You're goign to have to trust someone here and it sure as hell isnt goign to be your brother or mine! So it might as well be me!" "You have a brother?" he was getting mad and i knew it. "Not the point!" "Exactly the point! THere are things you dont tell people and this is one of them!" There was now nothing to do in the room. Man i clean too fast sometimes. "You arent leaving until you tell me!" "Wow pulling the dad card are we?" "I am goign to get your file anyway why dont you just tell me!" "Why dont you just go tell a complete stranger a deep dark secret? Then we can talk about me telling you mine!" "LUNA! GET OVER IT I AM GOING TO FIGURE IT OUT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!" I froze. "Oh i didnt mean it like that," Charley said touching my arm. I pulled away and walked into the bathroom locking the door. Yeah and people say i'm heartless!

*HEY GUYS i know you wanted to know what happened to make her black out. NExt time though i promise!*****