Chapter 8 - The Reception

Grace's POV

"You may sleep here. I won't pin you to the mattress getting on top of you until you speak utter bullshit to me." I heard him but ignored his utter bullshit and headed towards the couch.

I don't wanna risk losing my virginity to a pervert.

With the pillow and a duvet, I laid down on the couch and dozed off, not trying to get a thought about the guy sleeping on the bed in the same room.

• • •

The sound of flowing water from the bathroom broke my tranquil slumber. Realizing that Zayn is showering in the bedroom's bathroom, I got up from the couch and headed to another room to change and clean myself up.

I wasn't too hungry so I decided to just have a light sandwich. After breakfast, I went to the terrace to bless myself with the pleasant, bracing breeze which always helps me soothe my nerves.

"Will you mind to make breakfast for me except wasting your and my time standing here?" I heard his voice but ignored him as I was not in a mood to argue with him.

"Don't you know ignoring is a really bad thing, especially when it's your husband?" He said, emphasizing the word husband. I turned around to face him.

"Husband? First, learn to act like one." I stated and walked to exit the terrace but he grabbed my hand, not letting me go.

"Do you think you're really playing a good wife?"
"I don't want to."
"Then I'll love to show you my bad side." He spoke and walked out of the terrace.

After a few minutes, I went down and looked around but didn't find him anywhere. There was a pat of butter on the dining table which means he had his breakfast.

Zayn's POV

She is getting on my nerves. My wife doesn't want to be my wife. I'm also not dying to be her husband.

I was getting late so I had my breakfast and went to my office where I had congrats for my marriage by my staff.

I entered my cabin and Ethan broke the news of our wedding reception tonight. Sick of these marriage thingies! Here, we ain't a real couple and in front of the sick world, we have to act like one. I don't give a fuck about people! What I gave a fuck is about my reputation, my company and everything related to me and that includes my wife too.

At the evening, I returned home and changed my attire into a brand new coat pant.

I looked for her in my bedroom but as usual, she wasn't there. I knew where she would be so headed towards the terrace and there she was standing, observing the environment. Why is she always on the terrace? It's such a biggie house, sorry, mansion. My mansion. Whole day standing here and looking around.

"I know I'm no good but I'm stuck in your little brain. Ain't I?" I stated and chuckled.

She turned around, faced me while her gaze travelled from my head to toe and I know, she liked what she has seen. But still, she won't give a good compliment. In fact, she will deny. Her favourite hobby. My wife's favourite hobby is to deny her husband.

"Get ready. We have to go."

"I would prefer to go to hell rather than going with you." She denied. That's what I told before. Well. She has got guts to do so. But I very well know. How to make her obey me.

I walked towards her and placed my hands on the short walls of the terrace either side of her, bending my chest towards her making her uncomfortable. "I hate it when you deny me. I don't want you to see my bad side, wifey. It'll kill you inside."