Chapter 2 - Freaking Hot

Grace's POV

I removed my clothes and stood under the warm water which soothed my worn-out muscles. Morning exercise is a blessing and a great supplement of energy for the coming day.

After cleaning myself, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked into my mediocre bedroom. Plain white walls, a queen-sized bed and a vanity I loved filling with perfumes and makeup.

I dressed up in a white crop top and a pair of blue jeans. I stood in front of the mirror and slapped my chubby cheeks, pressing them. God, why can't I lose fat on my face? I need to start exercising for that too. It might work.

I applied a thin layer of nude lipstick, leaving the rest of my face bare of makeup. Perks of having good skin. Afterwards, I walked down the stairs, heading towards the kitchen where I knew my mother would be preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, mom," I said taking an apple from the dining table.

"Morning, dear," Mom replied from the kitchen.

Something caught my sight on the table. A couple of pictures were placed. I picked them up and had a close look.

 I picked them up and had a close look

Jeez! Who is this hottie?

"Ehem. Like what you see?" My mom walked out of the kitchen with two plates of pancakes gripped in her hands.

"Umm. These pictures?" I asked, hiding my blush.

"He is Zayn Malik, a billionaire. Also, your future husband."

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I looked up at her as she arranged the table for breakfast. Is this a prank?

"It's next month. The wedding ceremony."

What?

Next month?

"This soon? And I'm coming to know about it now?" I asked with a dropped jaw.

"They wanted to have an early wedding. Your father and I couldn't find a reason to say no to them." She shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Not even if I don't want to marry this soon?" I said, lifting a hand to my chest. "Or to this particular guy?" I added, even though that wasn't the case up till now. Let's hope it doesn't get to that.

"Your one friend is already married. Now, you should tie the knot too," she said, approaching me. "You don't have a boyfriend, so we thought why not we help you get settled with life?"

"That was a love marriage, Mom. Valerie loves that guy, please. I don't even know the one I'm getting married to next month! What if he's mean, disrespectful or-or what if he turns out to be a rapist?" I pulled out a chair and flopped on it.

"Grace." Mom said in a soft tone and pulled out the chair opposite mine. She sat down, faced me and took one hand in both of hers. "Your father has met the guy. He's not mean, he's not disrespectful and neither does he come off as a rapist. He is a humble person and was also honest with your father about this whole ordeal."

Really?

"What did he say? I mean, did he agree to this marriage?"

She smiled. "Yes. His uncle made sure of that?"

"You mean he's also being forced?" I asked with a frown. How can these people think of forcing two grown-up individuals into getting married? Do they want to get rid of us? Do my parents want to get rid of me? Am I a burden to them now?

"No, dear. Why would his uncle force him? He just, let's say, convinced him to take you as his wife."

Wife. That word sounded weird to me now.

"Convinced?" I put air quotes around the word. "That means he doesn't want me as his wife, Mom. I don't want to be a burden on a man. If you two want me to move out, tell me directly, but don't push me into an unhappy marriage."

"No, sweetie. It's nothing like that." She squeezed my hand. "You're taking us wrong. We just want to see you happy and settled."

"Mom, for God's sake! I'm twenty-one, not forty-one. What are you even saying?"

"Look." She straightened in her seat, her features solemn. "You know about your  Why don't you talk to him about this? And considering the guy, you should meet him and decide for yourself if he's happy with the wedding."

"All right." I lean back. "But it isn't a yes yet." I pull the plate of pancakes towards me and begin dipping it with maple syrup.

"Was the proposal from their side or ours?" I asked.

"Theirs. His uncle initiated it." She replied.

My jaw clenched.

"What's his uncle's good name?" I asked.

"Ethan."

Oh, Ethan, oh. Let me get my hands on you and you'll see stars in the daytime.

My gaze strayed to the pictures and my eyes dwell on the oh-so attractive man my parents chose for me. Let's just hope his personality is as beautiful and attractive as it appears in these photos.

"You like him, don't you?" My mom asked when she caught me staring at the pictures.

"I'll tell you that after I meet the guy."

I trust my parents, but of course, I need to know what I'm going to deal with for the rest of my life.

But we would make a good couple, no? He is hot; I'm beautiful. Isn't that enough for the world to get jealous? Ha, just kidding, or maybe not.

"Hot and beautiful. Perfect combination. Aren't we?"

-------------

Hey guys,

This is a short chapter, but I still hope you guys enjoyed it.

The next chapter is going to be more interesting, I promise. So keep showering me with your love and support.