Rules

We would have wanted to make this a place with no rules, but sadly, we kind of have to. Rules apply to everyone. This book club will have to be organized and to make that happen, you need to follow the following rules: 

1. Complete your assignments on time or a strike will be given. (If there's anything stopping you from completing it, please let us know on thenorthernlightsBC or message your responsible person. Also if you know you're not gonna be able to do it, let us know beforehand)

Three strikes and you're gonna have to leave the book club!

2. You must read at least three chapters and leave a review to each one of them. (This applies for your partner's book and the BOTM too) Give him/her advice, tips to improve his/her writing, tell him what you liked and what you didn't. (Writing a "I love this", "You're an amazing writer" wouldn't be considered as a review.) Your partner will be dedicating time to you and it's only fair to do the same. 

3. All the entries should be in English language and only in English. 

4. If you're part of the Lilac team and  you do not do the review for someone else's book then you will be removed. You will not get reviews on your extra book.

5. Being rude to your partner is not tolerated. There's a huge difference between criticizing and saying rude stuffs. We are here to help. If you're willing to criticize, do it kindly. None of us are professional, we are here to improve. 

6. Vote! You will not be given strikes if you don't but remember, that little star does make people's day so it's highly recommended. Let your partner know that you appreciate their efforts! 

7.  If you get assigned with a person for the second time, continue where you've stopped and review the three remaining chapters. 

8. If you ever change your username, let us know or that would be confusing! If you want to change your book, please message us, that way we could delete your application and let you fill out the form with your other book.

9. Follow and add this book to your library/ reading list. We need to keep you updated and to do that, you will have to add this book to your library. We also will be posting updates, reminders on our profile so it's a better off to follow the account as well! 

Interested enough? We know you want it. Come and join us quickly. And to make that happen, fill out the form that comes in the following chapter. 

Put your favorite animal in the "Anything Else" section of your application or it would be automatically denied.