Chapter 1

~Harry POV~

"Kendall, I'll send you some money soon." I say since my girlfriend of 5 months has been yelling in my ear saying we don't spend enough time together.

"Listen, I barely see you and I am tired of this shit!" She yells in my ear.

"Sweety-. Yes I know. Ok. Hey, it's ok." I say as she yells.

"It's not ok! Your such a dick!" She yells. "It's been two weeks since I've seen you, and you just flew to New York today! You just sit yourself in Britain and barely take the time to see me! I'm sitting here living in California in your fancy lux apartment you bought me, and at the time it sounded like a good idea- but I never fucking see you! Get your shit together! Now your in New York and you won't even fly me in!" She yells.

"Well Kendall, we can talk about flying you tomorrow. But I'll be busy tomorrow because I have important business things to do here. But you can talk to my secretary and she can tell you my schedule and when it's right to come and when it's not." I explain but she cuts me off.

"I talk to your secretary more then I talk to you, you douchebag!" She yells and my eyes squeeze shut. That is not true... is it?

"Sweety, I'll talk to you later." I say.

"When is later? A month from-" She says but I hang up the phone. I sigh and shake my head and walk out of the office of the penthouse I'm at. I am attending an important business party and when I step back into the party my atterny Nick comes up to me.

"Styles..." He smiles.

"Grimshaw..." I smile back.

"Ok, to business. Liam Payne is having financial problems and is selling the iron and steel company." Nick explains.

"Isn't that the same company the American Navy always buys from? I thought they were in tip top shape?" I ask.

"Well things are going downhill. Now this is a perfect time for you to come in. They want to build more navy ships but financially their cornered. So you can come in and do what you usually do..." Nick says.

"Buy companies, break them into pieces, sell the pieces for more." I finish for him. Nick cackles and shakes my hand.

"Exactly. Your welcome for telling you by the way..." Nick smiles.

"This is why I pay you. To think you were once so poor, now I pay you so much. All because you were my friend." I smile.

"Ah, no more of the sappy walk down memory lane. I think we need to talk business with this guy. I scheduled a meeting with him next week, but for now... We need to go to all of the business parties.... because the career opportunities are endless." Nick cheers on. I smile revealing my charming dimples and we walk into the party.

I walk around a little more and I bump into my ex girlfriend, Taylor. As I see her, Kendall's words about the secretary fills my mind.

"Hello Taylor, how are you?" I ask.

"Hi Harry, how's it been?" She smiled flipping back her straight blonde hair.

"I ask first." I say with daring sparkling green eyes. A waiter comes with champagne and we both take some, and Taylor rolls her champagne glass around in her hand while having her arms crossed.

"Well, where do I start? I got married!" She smiles. My expression of shock is probably priceless, like my bank account balance.

"Really... uh- uhm... congrats!" I say putting on the fakest smile I have. I don't want to be selfish, but I can't help it. I can't stand my exes to be happy. I don't know why... but when I have them... I don't seem to want them.