"G-Gabe, I didn't know you were home," Tyler says, getting off the couch.

"I have been home for ages," Gabe answers. "I was just in my room with Kaleen and Tammy."

Tyler blushes. "Um, I'm going to go get change." He grabs his jacket and tie from the couch, and walks towards his room.

"Hey, don't forget about that party tonight," Gabe reminds his brother just as Tyler reaches his room.

"Yeah, I remember." He closes the door.

I sat there not being able to make eye contact with Tyler's brother and his friends. I sip my drink.

"Hey, Ruby, you should come to the party tonight that we are having on the beach," Kaleen says.

"Yeah, you should," Gabe agrees. "Oh, and this is Tammy. She is Shannah's sister."

Tammy smiles at me, giving me a little wave. "Just so you know I'm nothing like Shannah. I still don't understand how Tyler is dating her. She is so up herself."

I write on my board. I don't know if I should go.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Kaleen grabs my arm and pulls me off the couch, causing me to spill some of my drink. "Come on, Tammy and I will help you get ready. The party will be in a couple of hours. We are going to make you look your best."

Kaleen put my drink down on the table and then drags me to my room. Tammy shuts the door and then immediately the girls started going through my stuff. I stood there, watching them as they empty out my bag, discussing to each other with what would look good on me. They whispered a few things too and I heard Tyler's name being mention a couple of times, but I have no idea what they were saying about him.

"Okay, we need her to stand out," Kaleen says. "Other girls will be wearing their bikinis. We need her to wear something that could capture his eyes with."

"How about this?" Tammy asks.

Kaleen looks at the outfit she had picked out. "That's perfect!"

She grabs the dress from Tammy and then holds it up at me. It was a silver sequin dress. The dress looks nice but I was unsure about it. It looks too short.

"You have to wear this, Ruby," Kaleen says.

I take the dress and held it up against my body, looking in the mirror of the build-in wardrobe. Kaleen was right. The dress did look great on me.

Tammy and Kaleen leave the room so I could get change. I take off the dress that I wore to the funeral, putting on the new outfit. It fitted me perfectly. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and smile. The dress was short, just covering my ass. Kaleen is right. The dress does look perfect on me. It even goes well with my tan skin.

I step out of the room to find Gabe and the girls whispering about something. Tammy spots me and then they all turn to face me.

"Wow," Gabe says. "You look hot, Ruby."

Kaleen wracks him in the arm. "Hey, keep your eyes on me."

"I'm sorry, but Ruby really does look hot in that dress. My brother is so going to come running after you."

I feel my heart skipping a beat at the thought of Tyler running after me. I wasn't really sure if I really want him to do that.

"Okay, next step is make-up," Tammy says. She grabs my hand and drags me towards Gabe's room.

Kaleen closes the door and Tammy makes me sit on Gabe's bed, which is messy. I don't think he made it at all this morning. The girls studied me, trying to work out what would look good on me. Tammy gets out her make-up kit from her bag, and starts applying foundation to my face. She adds a light blue eye shadow to my lids and then mascara, and lastly she applies some lip gloss. It has a strawberry smell to it.