Boys should just leave me alone, because I am in no way prepared for any sort of relationship. Mac basically broke up with me after two months on an elevator.

Not the best dating history.

Oh yeah. And Gavin. God damn it.

I tried not to smile but I failed. "I made some friends."

His head fell back. "Awww! You didn't replace me did you?"

I shook my head and giggled. "I would never." I punched his arms and he didn't really respond since he was all muscly.

He was smiling as much as I was. "I missed you." His eyes looked dangerously gorgeous in the sunlight. Dear god, I feel like such a slut.

I nodded. "I missed you too."

"Jade?"

Mac looked in the direction of the voice at the same time I did. Jesus Christ, of course it's Harry. I stood up, almost guiltily. "H-Harry."

Harry's eyes were on Mac, who -to my shock- was now lighting a cigarette. I rolled my eyes. He has changed.

"What's happening here?" Harry asked.

"We're just talking," I explained.

"Never told me you had a boyfriend, JJ," Mac told me, taking a drag.

I sighed. "He’s not," I plucked the cigarette from between his lips, "my boyfriend."

"Yet," Harry added, coming beside me to put his arm around me.

Mac laughed loudly. "No offense, I mean I know we kind of just met, but you don't seem like her type."

Harry's eyes narrowed. "And who are you exactly?"

Mac grinned adorably. "Malcom. But you can call me Mac."

Harry's eyebrows rose. He turned to me. "The dick that abandoned you?"

My eyes widened. "Harry!"

Mac looked totally calm and unoffended. He sighed. "S'alright. It was really mean of me."

I sighed.

"Mean? Do you realize how that affected her?"

I glared at Harry. "Harry."

"Or how hurt she was?"

"Harry."

"You have a lot of nerve to just poo-"

"Harry!" I grabbed his arm and pulled on it. I pulled him to privacy. "What the hell are you doing?" I demanded.

"What you're too naive to do," he stated.

I shook my head. "Harry you had no right saying any of that."

"Why not? He deserved to know all he made you feel-"

"Harry, you don't know how he made me feel! At least not the full part of it," I said.

He snorted. "So he has reason?"

"You need to stop!" I snapped. "Quit acting as though you know me! You don't know any more than what I've told you on my worst nights when I was feeling lonely! Just back off, Harry! Okay?"

He seemed genuinely hurt and I immediately began to feel regret. "Fine, Sweetheart," he said submissively.

I sighed. "Harry-" I reached for him as he began to walk off.

"No. Jade, I'm done. Chases are fun but after a while they're tiring. I'm done wanting a girl who's too damaged to see how she's damaging those around her."