Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Ashton watched as a quizzical look formed on Calum's face. Curiosity was gnawing at Ashton's mind, almost making it impossible for him to ignore it. It was getting to the point where Calum's suggestion wasn't going to mean anything, as much as Ashton didn't want that.

"Don't talk to him until I do. I want to make sure that he isn't going to hurt you or anything like that," Calum instructed.

Ashton nodded in understanding, knowing that his roommate was only trying to prove that he had his back. It meant a lot to Ashton and he was thankful that Calum was doing that, but he was still curious as to finding out what the man wanted. Part of him was tempted to talk to him despite what Calum told him.

----

Calum walked over to the workout area of the athletic center on campus, determined to find out what in the name of God Luke wanted with Ashton. There was something inside Calum that was infuriated, causing him to want to ask questions like what the hell do you want with him? why do you want to talk to Ashton? He felt protective over his roommate, which was weird. He had never necessarily felt that before - over anyone. Why was he all of a sudden feeling it for Ashton?

When he got to the gym, he cut straight through the locker room, knowing that Luke would be well into his workout by now. It had been what felt like eons since Calum spoke to Luke. Well, at least civilly. He wasn't sure if this encounter would be that civil either. Most likely not.

Luke was in the middle of lifting a dumbbell, his face focused so he didn't even notice Calum angrily sauntering towards him. Something in Calum urged to scare Luke so he would drop the weight on his foot, just because he betrayed him, but he knew that wasn't the right thing to do.

Luke finally noticed Calum was standing there and he set down the dumbbell, giving the black haired boy a smirk as he grabbed his sweat towel

Luke finally noticed Calum was standing there and he set down the dumbbell, giving the black haired boy a smirk as he grabbed his sweat towel. Calum wasn't impressed with the way that Luke was trying to put on a show and be some macho man.

"Hey, Cal. Long time, no chat," Luke said, trying to be suave.

"I'm not here for tea time chat, Hemmings," Calum started.

"So, you're just standing here and stalking me while I work out? Sure you're not a homo like your lover boy?" Luke jabbed.

Anger boiled in the put of Calum's stomach as he listened to Luke's hateful speech. It wasn't so much that Luke was insulting him; it was that he was insulting Ashton. "Fuck no. Believe me, if I were gay, I wouldn't spend my time on your shallow ass."

"Well, instead of just standing here trying to come up with shitty comebacks, what the hell do you want? I have a workout to get back to," Luke sassed, pretending Calum's words didn't affect him.

"Why the fuck did you call Ashton? So you can torment him?" Calum spat.

A maniacal smirk formed on Luke's lips. "Getting defensive about someone that you supposedly hate? If that's the new definition of mortal enemy, then I better get an updated dictionary."

"Answer my question, dumb shit. Why are you calling Ashton? What do you want from him? Are you going to torment him and make him feel like shit again? Or what, are you and your little frat fuck buddies going to torture him? Because if that's the case, I'm not going to let that fucking happen," Calum insulted, getting in Luke's face.

Calum could see the fire ignite in Luke's eyes before he exploded at Calum, trying to show his false authority. "I'm your damn captain and you treat me with fucking respect, you little faggot. It is none of your fucking business what I do in my frat house or who I talk to in my spare time. So why don't you just butt your little fake ass out of my business and go back to humping your roommate. And if you do this again, I'm going to make sure that you don't get recruited by any professional footie teams ever."

As much as Calum wanted to continue pushing Luke to get his answer, but he was too scared of the threat Luke had thrown out there. Calum didn't know what Luke was capable of and he didn't want to risk fucking up his future. He knew that Ashton would avoid Luke, so there wasn't any reason for Calum to have to put himself back into a situation such as the one that he was in.

"All I'm asking is that you stay the fuck away from him," Calum warned, throwing his arms up in surrender as he backed away from the jock, not wanting to raise anymore cane. 

Calum then left the gym, on his way to tell Ashton to delete the message and lose Luke's number, maybe even block it so there isn't any chance of Luke trying to harass him. He wouldn't let Ashton know about the threat, not wanting to make him worry. Things were still a bit awkward, at least for Calum it was. Despite talking to Ashton about what had happened, he still felt a little uneasy about it. Ever since it happened, he felt like it changed him. He knew he wasn't gay. He never had feelings for another guy. But there was something that concerned him with the fact that he had initiated the kiss. It made him wonder if he was something other than straight. But then again, maybe it was that natural thing he did when he wanted someone to quit talking, despite the fact that he had only done that to his girlfriends. He just wasn't so sure anymore.

----

Tada! This came out sooner than I had expected. So, you're welcome.

Thoughts on Luke and Calum's encounter? Ashton wanting to talk to Luke no matter what Calum says?

**REMINDER THAT I HAVE A FACEBOOK GROUP. LINK IS IN MY BIO**

All the love. -B

Length: 1.6K

Social Media:

AO3: xdistorted_cliffordx