What? Why does he think I'd rather be with Damon? I can't even remember him let alone want to be with him.

"Oh god" I gasp my hand going to my mouth as I drop the paper.
"What? Can I read?" Damon asks picking up the paper. I nod my head and watch as his eyes scan over it.

"So he's left? Because of me? Did you two have a thing?" Damon asks placing the paper down.
"I guess, I mean not really we had sex last night but that's it" Damon choked on his coffee.
"A yes would've just worked Alex" he coughs, his cheeks flushing pink.
"Sorry, still not used to the whole socialising thing" I blush.
An awkward silence falls as Damon stirs his coffee and my eyes scan the room, taking in the surroundings and the smell of toast and black coffee, it all seems so familiar yet so alien and strange to me.
"How long will you be staying?" Damon pipes up, brushing the last topic off.
"I can't stay long, I'm risking you and I both getting caught by Hydra" I explain staring at the piece of paper, my fingers running along the inky lines of Buckys messy hand writing. I felt tears sting my eyes as my mind races through all the possible things that could happen to Bucky, Hydra could capture him again or he could go back to shield.
"I'm going to shower." I mumble, leaving the kitchen.

I step into the warm shower and my thoughts run wild. What if he gets caught by Hydra? What if he goes to shield? What if he tells shield where I am? I'm not ready to go back and face the avengers. Why would he just leave like this? I need him, there's no Me without him, he's all I have and he's all I've ever known can I even do this on my own? I don't want to drag Damon into this, he's a good soul and doesn't deserve to be dragged into my mess, it was smart of him to leave me when he did. 
It must've been the warm water hiding it but I never realised I was crying. Once I've finished in the shower I step out into the cold bathroom and wrap a white fluffy towel around my torso. I glance at my reflection in the steamed up mirror, it was harrowing. I can't even remember what I looked like before Hydra but it definitely wasn't this. My long brown hair was dead and lifeless, my bright green eyes where now dull and grey with dark circles underneath them. I was incredibly underweight, all my bones stuck out and made me look like a skeleton. Worst of all, all over my body I was covered in scars from being tortured or injured on missions, there's only so much my body can heal. I quickly turn away from the mirror, unable to stare at the stranger any longer, and continue drying myself and getting changed into a pair of damons grey sweat pants and a black vest top.
I wander back out into the kitchen where Damon was sat fully dressed eating a full English breakfast at the small dining ta me for two.
"I made you some" he gestures to the plate of fresh food that smelt like fucking heaven.
"Thank you" I blush taking the food and sitting next to him, devouring the food. I felt like Oliver Twist in that moment, like I should jump up onto the table and start singing "food, glorious food". Okay so you're telling me I can remember this bull shit and not my own family? This is just cruel.
"Oh I figured you'd want this, it's your phone" Damon chimes handing me a white iPhone 5c.
"My phone?" I ask with a mouthful of bacon.
"Yes" Damon chuckles and I take the phone.
The lock screen was of me, tony, Damon and a boy that had bright blonde hair styled into a quiff. We are all dressed in suites and fancy clothes all holding a glass of champagne.
"Your password it 0701" Damon chimes.
"What?"
"It's your birthday date" he explains I enter the number and I'm into the phone.
"How old am I?" I hum.
"Well you where 26 nearly 27 two years ago so I guess nearly 30" he explains making me choke on food.
"30? Shit I'm old, biologically I am still 26" I say.
"Huh?"
"In-between missions Hydra would cryogenically freeze me, to keep us young so we'd last forever, I haven't aged a day---why do I keep telling you this stuff" I explain.
" that's your secret to your youthful look" Damon laughs.
As soon as I click my messages, I get a new message.

Unknown number:
We've found you.
Unknown number:
Im an old friend, we know Bucky left, and if he or you decide to go to shield we will find you.
It's Hydra.
Alex:
Why can't you just leave us be?

I let out a frustrated sigh before throwing my phone across the room.
"I mean..." damons eyes go wide as he processes what just happened.
"Hydras found us"
"They said if any of us go to shield they'll kidnap us" I sigh.
"Then don't?"
"I can't we've got to go back eventually shield can help us, we are in more danger out here, we are some of the most wanted people on the earth" I explain.
"Well now they know that you know they've found you won't they expect you to move so they most likely won't be following you anymore, they'll be waiting for you to move it could be a trap" Damon suggests and I look at him like he's Sherlock Holmes himself.
"Is Hydra that stupid though"
"They allowed you to be an agent there so..."
"If I you weren't my ex I would stab you with this fork right now" I grumble stabbing the fork  into a hash brown.
"So does this mean you'll be staying for a while?" Damon looks up at me with a hopeful look, he genuinely looks like he's missed me, I can't just leave him. Maybe Damon can help me remember more of my old life and if what he said is true maybe staying won't be that bad of an idea.
"Maybe. But if Hydra comes anywhere near you I'm leaving immediately" I say sternly giving into my thoughts.
"Yay!"

2 months later...

"Please keep in touch Alex" Damon says hugging me tightly, as if this was our last hug ever. Well it could be.
"I promise I will Damon and once I'm safe you can come see me" I say into his neck.
"See you around Damon" I wave walking down the drive towards my old car.
"Please be safe Alex" he says before I get in the car.
"I will. bye Damon" I yell before shutting the car door and reversing out of the drive.
I wave one last time at Damon, who was stood on the porch of his house looking like he was about to cry, before speeding off down the road, following damons directions.
He told my I could crash at my old best friends house, Evan. I wonder how he'll react seeing me at his door.