9. Living Nightmare

My eyes slowly opened as voices echoed in my head.
     "She still having a nightmare?" It sounded like Cas's voice.
     "She was good for a little while, but it started up again. This one seems worse."
I shook my head to find no one in the room with me. Except a woman in the corner I hadn't seen before.
     "Dean- Dad!" I screamed. Feeling around I found my knife and threw it. The woman disappeared after it hit her. I still sat wide eyed at where she had been. After a moment I was confused. No one had come in. Slipping from bed I felt like I just woke up for the day. Yet I knew that at some point I passed out in the kitchen. Picking up my knife I slipped out of my room, making sure to put on my silver pentagram ring. Getting to the stairs I strained to see past them. "Dad? Uncle Sammy? Cas, Bobby?" I called out. "Anybody?" My jaw dropped when I looked into the den. My mother and Father sat on the couch. Dad had his arm around mom as Sam and Bobby sat in the chair with their drinks.
     "She was calling for me? Wow... actually called for dad. For me."
     "It's about time you got up baby girl." Mom spoke in her soft voice. One I hadn't heard in years. Her long dark blond hair cascaded down her back with the slightest curl to it.
     "Ede, we were just telling your uncle and grandfather that we'll probably be leaving in a few days."
     "Grandfather? And where are we going." I had gotten confused so fast .
     "Yeah. Bobby's you're adoptive grandfather. We're going back to the cabin, back home. Remember we were just here visiting for a few days." Dad said. "Ede did you hit your head in your sleep again?"
     "Was that the noise I heard?" Sam asked.
     "Must of. She does it all the time at home. Sometimes doesn't remember a few things afterward. We really need to fix that Dean." Mom spoke.
     "That's a project for when we get home." Dad chuckled.
     "No. There was a lady in my room." I told.
     "Yeah you must have hit your head real hard this time sweetheart." Dean spoke.
     "No. There was a lady in the room dad. I called for you."
     "Eden there's no one here but us." Mom shook her head. "There hasn't been anyone here but us." 
     "Well. Rufus stopped by for a while. But you missed out on that." Bobby laughed.
     "Um.. okay." I shook my head. Something was up.
     "You sure you're alright Ede?" Dad asked. I found it weird that he hasn't called me Acer. I didn't like that he was calling me by any other nickname but the one he gave me. Another person that was like the lady passed through a wall. It caused me to just back to the point I smacked my shoulder on the wall. I flinched as pain shot up.
     "What the hell happened? How'd she fall out?"
     "I think she started another nightmare. Was thrashing around so much."
Now my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest. I was seeing people the others couldn't. Mom was back and happily with dad. I was hearing voices. The most logical thing on my mind was to run. And I did so.
     "Eden!" Mom and dad shouted after me.
     "Going outside for a walk to clear my head." I shouted back before I sped out the door. I didn't wait for their response. The walk part was a complete lie. I didn't even make it seem like I was about to slow down as I ran through the salvage yard. "Castiel! Gabriel! Micheal! I don't care anymore! Uriel, Luci! Just someone get your ass down here!" I yelled as I kept running. All the sudden my knees buckled. Hitting the ground I actually was able to catch my breath. I was so confused. "Just somebody... please." I whispered. 
     "Whatever's going on I don't like it. If she was calling you the way she was it didn't seem very good. But if she's calling for Gabriel and I. Then this can not be good."
     "You think I like this any better? I've had to watch her go through this for too long.. What the hell was that?"
     "It came from downstairs." 
Hearing Cas and my father's voice in my head comforted me so much. But it made me question exactly where I was. There was no snow on the ground so it was even more strange. Standing up I brushed myself off. That was when more of whatever those things were came at me. Luckily I had my knife. Those things disappear so easily. I started questioning what was going on. 

Out of nowhere large puffy white flakes floated down from the sky. Within minutes the ground was covered in the snow. As my breath showed in front of me I curiously looked to the ground in front of a dull red car. The snow angel was right in front of it. Exactly in the spot I had made it. Tilting my head I thought about it. I had to be in a dream. Sam told me once about how my dad woke himself up from a hallucination a Dijin caused him. Just maybe, it could work here too. Studying my knife as a few flakes landed on the blade, I jumped when a voice reached me.
     "Eden! There you are. We've been looking all over for you." Mom said as she jogged up to me. She walked over the snow angel, but nothing happened.
     "You were?"
     "Yes! You've been out here all day. You had your father and I worried. Your grandfather and uncle are out here somewhere trying to find you."
Grandfather. Uncle. NO.
     Mom reach out to me and set her hand on my arm. Instantly I jerked back as my eyes widened. "You aren't my mother."
     She took a step forward. I took several back. "Of course I am Eden. Don't be ridiculous."
That was when I saw her as what she really was. One of those things.
     Tears welled up in my eyes as I knew what I had to do. "I'm sorry mom. I love you." I was ready to plunge my knife into myself when my fake mother ran forward. The blade ended up in her. Her eyes went wide as the outside world around us shifted to the bedroom. I was laying down with my knife in whatever the hell it was. Pushing her away I quickly hopped out of bed hearing the commotion downstairs. Before I missed it i grabbed onto my silver ring and slipped it over my right ring finger as I flew down the stairs. With both my knives I took care of the three that had Sam pinned down. I threw my knives at the remaining two that were after Bobby and my father.
     "Damn things must have waited till halo left to attack."
I honestly didn't care what the hell they were. As long as they stayed dead, and away from my family.
     "Acer?" I threw my arms around dad. By now I assumed I had been out for a few days.
     "You really seem to show up at the right time kid." Bobby muttered.
     "You're not bad yourself grandpa."
     "Grandpa?" Everyone but Bobby chuckled. "I'm not that old."
     I shook my head as Dad put an arm around me. "My last.. However long it was, has been strange."
     They all nodded. They understood. Having to watch me the way they did probably wasn't the best. I probably scared the hell out of them a few times by not moving or breathing. Or even by thrashing around so much to the point I fell out of the bed. But either way I was awake now. And had my family.

don't forget to vote, comment, and tell me what you think!
Until the next chapter!