Feeling That Feeling

Start from the beginning

"I gave you the last chance. Luckily you all get to die together." Zach smiles ominously and I pale. He won't really kill them, will he?

"Here! Sign these bastards." Zach order and his pick up the four bruised men by their arms so they are kneeling Zach's feet now.

"Wh-what is this?" One of them asks.

"Your will which states that after you die, all your estate and money and land and every single thing is mine." He says as is he just spoke about the weather.

"Is he going to kill them?" I whisper to Steve and he nods. Shit!

The men protest but they are only rewarded with huge men kicking and punching them. He are forced to sign and then Zach gets up with a evil smile on his face. 

"Now, time for two my favorite parts. One- killing you guys and second- getting my money the second you begin your heavenly abode." He mocks in an innocent voice and I want to run. 

He nears the first man and before I can blink, moves a dagger through his heart. The man screams in pain and I cover my ears, taking a step back. Zach removes the dagger and stabs again. And again. And again. He stabs until the man goes still in his grasp. He lets his body fall and move to the other.
                This time, he slowly drags the knife through the man's neck as his men hold the writhing and flailing man. The man screams and writhes but Zach continues his slow torture. He the lets the man fall on the ground. The man flails and moves like a fish that is brought out from water. I take a step forward out f impulse but Steve pulls me back.  

I turn away. I want to run away from here but Steve stops me again. 

"You have to get use to this!"

Hell no! I don't want to. I don't want to get used to watching innocent people get killed.

Zach moves to the third guy and stabs him the arm. The man screams deafeningly. He then stabs into the other arm. A scream. A stab in the leg. Another scream. A stab in the torso. Another scream. This time, he stabs the man in the heart. And the man falls dead.

He approaches the fourth one and stops, eyeing him. The man trembles and I can't even imagine what he must be feeling.

"I am tired. Too much hand movement." Zach says and the man's eyes flicker with hope. But his pales again as Zach removes his gun. He points it at his forehead and shoots three deafening gun-shots. 

Silence.

I would have fainted if Steve didn't hold me upright. I jerk my arm from his grasp and this time, he lets go. And I run and run and run until darkness engulfs me.

I wake up with loud gasp as I reminiscent the dream I see almost every night. That day's happening is etched in my memory like a carving on stone. And almost every night, my head plays a replay of it, renewing the scar I am so much trying to hide here.

I get up and pace around the room. Then splash water continuously on my face until I don't feel sleepy at all. I don't want to sleep again. I walk to Noah's room and find him sleeping soundly. I get in the bed with him and caress his hair. He mumbles sleepily and then wraps his arm around my chest. I smile as some peace slides in my being. I have my family now. Zach can't harm me. Yes!

When morning comes, I barely remember the text as I am way too busy in anticipating Samantha's answer and reaction when I ask her. I attend my morning classes and then plan to meet Samantha when break happens. I don't know why I am so excited. Of course she will say yes.

I find her sitting with Bella and Carly as usual. Bella eyes me as I approach and then talks again. I bet she told I was coming.

"Hey Sammy, got a minute?" I ask and Sam looks at me and then back at the girls. She then walks with me to the door and I begin.

"I am sure you know about the ball." I predict and she nods.

"So will you be my date?" I ask, knowing the answer.

"Umm..actually I already promised another friend of mine that I would go with him if I do go." She says and I am shocked! What the hell? How could she say yes to someone else. And who the hell is this guy? I cover up my grim expression.

"Oh...I am late then." I state.

"Yeah by two classes." She answers in a small voice. The bastard asked her just an hour ago and now he gets to go with her. I should have asked her last night, damn it! But maybe, I can still persuade her.

"Who are you going with then?" I ask in what I hope is a casual tone.

"Its Zack. My chemistry lab partner." Well to hell with Zack.

"Okay. Tell him no." I order and she seems taken aback.

"What? I can't okay. I promised." She says defensively. Does she like him? Or does he? I swear...

"Yes you can and you have to." I urge.

"Don't boss around me friend." She says and I hate the word 'friend' suddenly.

"Well, I am just asking you to return the favor friend." I say smiling sweetly.

"I can't do this. You have to understand." She says in an exasperated tone and I clench my teeth.

"Then I'll assume you don't want to return the favor. Because this is the only way I want it." I say in a cold voice.

"That's blackmailing!" She says and I smile again and walk away. I feel her glaring at my back and I smirk.

She better tell me yes soon or I'll have to do something myself.

Suddenly, my phone rings and I see the same unknown number flash on the screen. No. I don't pick up, hoping they will sop calling though I know its not going to happen. I pick up the phoen reluctantly on the seventh call.

"Hello?" I say in a firm voice, not wanting to sound weak. But as the person speaks, all my determination vanishes into thin air.

I know its been very long since I updated so I am sorry. Not making any excuses! Plain apology.

*smiles sweetly*

Also this chapter is unedited!