Chapter 1

"So, are you excited about tomorrow?" My best friend Lilee asked. We sat on CC, short for Coffee Corner with our daily cup of cappuccino. Her dad was a movie producer and finally managed to land a job, working on the highly anticipated remake of Cinderella.

"A bit. It sure is not an everyday occurrence" I answered. Since her dad was working on the movie, of course she managed to score an invitation with a plus one to the official wrap party for tomorrow. To make it in style with the movie, the organizers thought it would be nice to make the party a masked ball. Yes, as in Cinderella. Well, Cinderella was not really a masked ball, but Cinderella was somehow masked, so it's that.

It was held at a luxurious mansion here in L.A., so that's where we're staying for the weekend. Not that we're staying at the actual mansion. We're just staying at a hotel in L.A nearby. This was the last week before autumn break was over and it was back to college. I was a freshman. I was very happy with my life. I grew up easy despite not being born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I had loving parents and a very idiotic and at the same time awesome big brother.

"Athena, look a bit more excited. All the stars are going to be there!" she gushed. She was smiling so bright it was like her entire frame was shining.

"I am excited. I just don't think I will fit in that much with the red carpet, expensive gowns, masks and rich people, famous people" I answered.

"Oh come on. I'm not famous either, and I'm excited. I promise it's not going to only be cast people and people with starring roles. At least I think so" she answered. Maybe there would be more people like us, who got invitations because they were lucky with their connections.

"It'll still be fun though. Besides, our gowns and masks are awesome. That's the beauty of it, no one will know who anyone is, so it doesn't matter if your famous or not, rich or poor. Tomorrow we can all have just fun" she declared.

A smile formed on my lips. "That's true. At least there is an event where we can actually use amazing gowns for a reason. By the way, thanks for paying for the whole outfit, I know it cost a bunch" I thanked her. The dress, mask, shoes and accessories were expensive, so being the awesome friend she was; she paid for it.

"Hey, no worries" She waved it off. "Anyway, we should get back to the hotel now before it gets swamped by fans trying to get a glimpse of Aiden as he flies in tonight" she said, finishing her beverage.

"Who?" I asked.

She raised an eyebrow; "The star of the movie, he plays prince charming" she answered.

"Oh, didn't know" I answered.

"Figures, you're not exactly caught up on Hollywood and E news" she chuckled. That's true. I didn't care much for that. My life was calm and simple. I had no interest in that other celebrity world.

*

I groaned as I was woken up by screaming outside the hotel window. "Lilee, what the hell is that screaming for, who is it?" I asked and rubbed my eyes and sat up in the bed. We both shared a room.

"Who do you think? Aiden's fans. They probably saw him in the window or something and flipped out" she answered.

"Oh joy. How many people do you think is going to crash the party tonight if they're so bad now?" I asked. The ball wasn't until tonight, and it was only early morning so far.

"Tons of course, but you and I can just waltz our way in without any problem at all" she said, twirling around one time on her way to the bathroom, making me laugh. I walked over to the window to peek outside. My eyes widened at the huge mass of screaming girls outside. I'm glad I'm not famous. To waking up to this every day, knowing they were here for you must get tiresome after a while. So happy I'm not Aiden Heart or anyone close to him. I'm one of the girls who would never dream of to get their picture taken for tabloids and gossip magazines.