One

My name is Ashley Gomez, and I have a story to tell you, a big one. Whether it's good or bad is your decision. This is the story of how I became known as, Agent Gomez.

--------------------------------------------------

I stood in the army recruitment place with my arms folded towards the guy reading my file.

"Parents?" He asked.

"Stella and Joey Gomez. My mum died during my birth and my dad followed last year after a car accident." I said and the guy looked me up and down.

"Are you sure a lady like you would be good in the army?" He asked very meanly.

I sighed. "I may look like just another woman but I am stronger than most men here." I said proudly as I knew that was true.

"The army isn't a place for a young women like you, but I know where you can go. Agent Carter will see you tomorrow." He smiled stamping my paper work. I smiled widely and quickly took my file and ran to see Bucky and Steve. Bucky and Steve are my best friends and they have backed me all the way with me wanting to be in the army and help my country.

"Steve, Bucky. I GOT IN. I FREAKING GOT IN!" I screamed running into Bucky's cabin where they were waiting for me.

"You got it?" Bucky asked smiling and I nodded quickly. "Oh my god well done Ash" He smiled hugging me tightly. Steve was smiling behind us and hugged me as soon as Bucky let me go. Steve was smaller than me and skinny. He's really shy around me cause I'm a girl but he should be use to me by now. We've been friends for years.

"Well done Ashley" He smiled and I smiled back at him. He may be shy and skinny, but he has the biggest heart out of everyone. No matter how hard he get's beaten up, he always gets up afterwards.

"So..who do you go see?" Bucky smiled putting his hands in his pockets.

I looked to my file and read the agent name. "Someone named Agent Carter"

"Ah Agent Carter. You do realize by seeing her it means you're not actually in the army?" My smile turned into a frown and Bucky shrugged his shoulders.

"Really?" I asked he nodded sadly.

"Well what am I in then?" I asked slumping down next to Steve on a bed. He gave me a smile so I smiled back at him.

"I think you're just one of the helpers that helps train the guys" Bucky said sitting next to me. "I'm sorry Ash I know it's not what you wanted" He smiled side hugging me.

"It's okay. At least I get to do something." I smiled back and he held my hand. It's a regular thing we do. No we are not in any way together, even though some people say we should be.

"I'm thinking of joining." Steve said during a silence and mine and Bucky's head snapped to his.

"You're what?" Bucky asked.

"Thinking of joining the army" He smiled at me but I was still in shock he wanted to do this. He's not exactly in the best shape to be in the army.

"You serious?" Bucky asked and Steve nodded. Bucky removed his arm from around me and stood up rubbing his face with his hand. "Steve we've told you about this"

"I know Buck but I really wanna do this. Ash you understand right?" He looked to me with a sad look so I gave him a weak smile.

"I do Steve but, are you sure you wanna do this?" I asked him.

"More than anything" I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "Then you go do it" I smiled at him and he smiled at me.

"You're kidding me with this?" Bucky said making me narrow my eyes at him. "If he wants to do it let him do it" I said standing up defending Steve. I've always felt like I've had to defend Steve as he's my bestfriend, and also because I believe in him.

"Have you seen him Ash? He wouldn't last a minute" Bucky said pointing to Steve with his voice slightly raised.

"You don't know that. With the right training he could be amazing"

"Training huh? Ash he can't even run for 5 minutes."

"Bucky" I warned him as Steve was hearing all of this

"What, I'm just telling the truth. He'll die out there within 2 seconds"

"You don't know that Bucky" I shouted at him as I followed him to the door.

"Oh so now you're the expert in all this? Ash I've been in it for a year and a half I know it it in tails, and I know for a fact, Steve is not good enough" He shouted before leaving the room. I turned to Steve and gave him a smile.

"If you want to do it Steve you do it. Don't let Bucky hold you back" I said sitting back next to him. "Don't let anyway hold you back" I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Thanks Ash" I hugged him tight and smiled at him as we pulled away. "Anytime short stack" I joked before standing up to leave.

"Whatever you say weird face" He joked back. It's one of the things we do.

"Just shut up idiot" I winked at him before leaving the room.

-----------------------------------------

Steve's P.O.V.

That wink, that one wink was one thing that she could do to make my heart flutter. Just being herself made my heart flutter. She was everything I wanted. Everything I needed. I fell for her as soon as I met her. She was beautiful and still is. Bucky knows I like her, that's how we met. I saw her from across the room and instantly wanted to know her. But Steve being Steve I was too shy to. I mean look at me, I'm nothing compared to Bucky. After all, he is the one in the army not me. He saw the way I looked at her and he went to introduce us as he knew her. From the minute I knew her name I fell for her. And all the years of her going on dates with guys and them being idiots and letting them go I could have gone for her. But I didn't, as I knew she wouldn't waste her time with someone like me. I'm just her best friend, nothing else.

*

A.N There's the first chapter guys, hope you liked it. Sorry if it short but we'll get into the film in the next chapter so don't worry. On the side we have Little Stevie before the whole experiment. He's so cute and honestly, i still would have dated him when he was little. He was just a nice guy.

Please comment and vote x

-Emma