What Was That Post? (Chapter 13)~Ice Skates (PART 2) - Finale

A/N: This is the finale of this book! Thank you all so much for reading this book. Also, if you happen to reread this book anytime soon, you may see paragraphs since I'll be editing all of my stories (On my main  CarWritesFanfic and my other collab accounts). Yep! Thanks for reading, bye! -Car

SONG: "HeavyDirtSoul" Twenty One Pilots Lyrics by Jillian - Twenty One Pilots.

ORIGINAL SONG: HeavyDirtySoul by Twenty One Pilots

****

V Y L A D ' S      P O V

  My blood seemed to freeze as Nicole and I made eye contact.  And no, it wasn't just the coldness of the ice and Winter getting to me.   Nicole held a grin on her face and a glint of mischief in her eyes as she stared at us maliciously.

 Dante caught her gaze as well.  He  didn't do anything other than stare; there was nothing to say.  Nicole starts gliding towards Dante and I, not breaking eye contact with Dante.  This worried me.  Her making eye contact with Dante didn't bother me, it was the fact that she was coming over that worried me more than anything else.

  "Heeeeyyyy, Dante~" Nicole sings as she reaches us, her skates coming to a screeching halt.  A bit of ice  bits flew from the metal bottom of her skates.  "Hi, Nicole..." Dante greets, his voice barely quivering.  It was obvious to me that he was uncomfortable, but Nicole didn't realize that.

  She doesn't know Dante like I do, so she can't tell when he's nervous or uncomfortable without him saying something about it. Her bright smile disappeared as she made eye contact with me, "You brought Brownie?" She questions, her gaze at me annoyed and unamused. 

   "Of course I did!" Dante exclaims, "We're friends. Remember?" He adds.  Nicole tears her gaze away from mine and runs back to Dante's, "Sure. Friends." She empathizes the word 'Friends' with a snarl.

  "Yes, friends." He says, stating the facts.  The word 'Friends' pierced through my heart like a wooden stake to a vampire.  I purse my  lips and sucked in my dignity, not saying anything.  I swallowed my heart and kept my mouth shut, letting Dante do the talking.

  Nicole scoffs, "I don't see why you like him," She starts, "You should like me instead." Dante grins, "I'm good, thanks."  He replies with sass filling his words.  I snap my fingers, "Mmm-Mmm-Mmm!" I exclaim, "He told you!"

  She glares at me, "Hey! Don't get mad at me." I say, "I'm just the peanut gallery adding extra commentary." She growls under her breath at my words.  "Can you just leave?" Nicole asks angrily.  "I like being here." I state.  "You're nothing but a nuisance to Dante and mine's relationship!" Nicole wails.

  I can't help but laugh, "Relationship!  You can't be serious!"  I exclaim in disbelief, "There is no relationship between you and Dante!"  Her glare worsens, her trying her greatest attempts to make me crack under pressure.  News flash, it's not going to work, Nicole.

  She growls under her breath with anger, "Fine!" She exclaims, "I'm done trying to get Dante.  I love him and want to have a relationship, but that's obviously not going to happen because he's too lovesick over you!"

  Nicole slides off, her fists clenched. I look up at Dante, "You love me?" I ask, my eyes shimmering with glee and wonder.  Dante blushes, "Ma-Maybe.." He stutters quietly.  A small smile forms on my face.

  I don't know if it was just the cold making Dante's cheeks and nose cold, but it could have been a blush.  I gently pull Dante down to my height, careful to not make his skates slip from under him.

  Dante looks at me with curious eyes.  I smile at him and connect our lips.  Dante kisses back.

 Maybe that picture of Dante and I on Instragram wasn't so bad after all...