What Was That Post? (Chapter 12)~Ice Skates PART 1

A/N: As you see, Part 1 is in the title. That's part 1 for the end of this book. Part 2 will be out soon! I just had the urge to write :3 Enjoy!

Also, I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. School has been stressful and I've been hit with a wave of writer's block. Sorry! ~Car

****

V Y L A D ' S     P O V

• A     C O U P L E     D A Y S      L A T E R •

Nicole had gone back at her schemes to get Dante. You know, I'm just about done with that girl. She tryin' to get mah man (Ghetto Girl Vylad, go away please). I chuckle to myself and walk up the stairs, smelling the sweet smell of Aphmau's cooking. I smile, "Who's awake?" I ask, scanning over the room. "Nobody!" Aphmau exclaims, giggling. I roll my eyes with a small smile, "Somebody!" I correct. "Gah, you got me." She jokes as I spot her in the kitchen, "So..." I roll my word out, "What's the plan for today?" I ask. The girl thinks for a moment, "I was thinking... Maybe everyone going ice skating? I'm not sure." I glanced outside and saw snow falling from the sky, white little circles laying on our glass windows. Small piles of white were stacked on the back porch as the gray sky stretched for miles and miles. My eyes ran back to the raven haired girl's gaze, "Sounds good! I'll call the guys and see if they wanna come." I say. Aphmau nods in response, "Don't forget to call Aaaarronn~" I sing as I glide across the floor, leaving the room. "V-Vylad!" Aphmau stutters. I can only imagine the look on her face. A snicker leaves my mouth as I smash into the wall. A loud curse leaves my mouth. Stupid socks taking me in random directions... "Bahaha! Nice goin', Hershey bar." Katelyn retorts as she walks down the stairs. "Shut up!" I reply, peeling myself off the floor. Aphmau snickers at Katelyn and I. "Vylad~Kun! Is Vylad~Kun ok?" Kawaii~Chan questions as she rushes down the stairs, sliding a bit herself due to the pink fuzzy socks on her feet, "Yea... I'm fine, Kawaii~Chan.. Thanks." I reply. My hand dips into my pocket and searches for my phone. I retrieve the device and start searching through my contacts, "Dante, Dante, Dante..." I murmur, trying to find his contact. "You called?" A voice questions behind me. I jump and turn my head, to see no one there, "Must have just been my mind playing tricks on me..." I mumble to myself, turning my attention back to my phone. My finger grazes down the contacts, eventually finding Dante's. I tap it and start the call. A few moments pass before I hear his energetic voice through the phone.

"Hello?" Dante questions.

"Hey!" I greet, taking a moment before saying something else, "Aphmau and I had an idea for the group." I start.

"What is it?" Dante asks. 

"Weeeeeeellll...." I roll out my word, "Aphmau and I were thinking... Maybe everyone could go ice skating!" I exclaim.

"That sounds fun..! I'll tell Garroth, Laurance and Travis." Dante replies.

Before I have a chance to respond, Dante's already hung up. I sigh, then start calling other people.

A           C O U P L E        H O U R S         L A T E R . . .

I finish getting ready, pulling the final tug on my scarf, "Ready.." I mumble to myself as I inspect my outfit in the reflection of the mirror, "Vylad! Are you ready to go?" Aphmau asks from upstairs. I snap back into the reality outside of the mirror, "Yep! Coming!" I bolt up the stairs, meeting the three girls, Aphmau, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan outside it. I smile, "Lets go!" I urge. Kawaii~Chan nods giddily then rushes out the door. I follow Apmau and Kawaii~Chan outside, Katelyn following at my side. I glance down at her, memories from a few years ago flashing into my head. In high school, Katelyn and I used to be close. Until now, where we kind of drifted apart at the beginning of adulthood. The blue haired girl smiles at me, "Is there something on your mind?" She asks. I shake my head and avert eye contact, "Not at all." I turn my head forward. She purses her lips and continues to walk, breaking away from my side and migrating to Aphmau and Kawaii~Chan. It was sunset, and the snow still hadn't died down. It was still snowing heavily, yet it had gotten a bit softer from this morning when the blizzard was in full force. We all get in Katelyn's Toyota, me in the passenger's seat and Aphmau in the driver's seat, since her and I are the only one's in the car that know where we're going. I look out the window as Aphmau pulls out of the driveway, seeing Laurance, Travis, Garroth and Dante leaving their house. Dante and I make swift eye contact before I'm forced to break it due to Aphmau's voice, "Hey, Vylad.." She pauses briefly as I turn my head, "Can you get the directions pulled up?" The female asks. I reply with a nod and pull out my phone. I start to search the location, "We'll be there in..." I pause while looking over the time, "Twenty minutes." I finish. Katelyn groans, "That's so far awaayyyy." She complains. "Katelyn~Sama! Lighten up, we'll be there soon." Kawaii~Chan says. "Fiiine." Katelyn looks out the window. I roll my eyes, then continue to look out the windshield to see the snowy road we're traveling on.

W H E N        T H E Y      G E T      T H E R E . . .

T W E N T Y         M I N U T E S       I       G U E S S . . .

"And, we're here!" Aphmau chirps as we pull into the parking lot of the outdoor skating rink. "Finally!" Katelyn exclaims, practically running out of the car, "BE CAREFUL, THERE'S--" I cut myself off as Katelyn slides, "ICE!" I scream. "THANKS FOR THE WARNING." Katelyn exclaims as she lightly plops on the ground. Aphmau and I carefully get out of the car as Kawaii~Chan rushes to her friend's aid, sliding too. Kawaii~Chan falls as well. I snicker and go after them. Eventually, I fall. Aphmau comes over and tries to help, falling as well. The four of us laugh as we help each other off the ground. As we stand up, I spot Garroth's car rolling into the parking lot, "GARROTH. FASTER!" A voice screams from the car, "Travis! I'm going as fast as I can!" Garroth replies. "FASTERRRR!" Travis whines. Garroth rolls his eyes then pulls into the parking spot by ours. The four males get out, Dante and I making eye contact almost immediately. Two other cars pull into the parking lot, Zane and Aaron coming out of them. Aaron migrates over to Aphmau, Zane trying to get to her side. He sadly fails and gets stuck with Travis. Garroth pulls Laurance into the skating rink place before any of us even think about going inside. "Zane, I'm not as bad as I look." Travis assures. "Sure..." Zane murmurs as Travis throws a arm over his shoulder. The two walk inside, Aphmau and Aaron following. Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan disappear somewhere, supposedly inside. It's just Dante and I left outside in the frigid air, "You first." Dante says. I nod and let a breath escape my lips, a small, almost transparent, cloud escaping thru my lips. I walk inside, Dante following. We get our ice skates (by 'we', I mean everyone) and make our way to the rink. I feel a lump form in my throat as I spot a person I wish I'd never see...

Nicole VanRosenberg.