Chapter 1|Not Accepted

WARNING

THIS CHAPTER, AS WELL AS MANY OTHERS, WILL INCLUDE TRIGGERING TERMS AND/OR WORDS

PLEASE TAKE CAUTION

Thank you! ❤

[Danyul's POV]

Today is the day...

The day I come out to my parents...

I already know what they're gonna say, though...

They'll never accept me, no matter what...

I guess I'll just have to see if they've changed since my sister came out... (I know that Dan doesn't have an older sister, but it's just for the sake of the story)

I breath in deeply, holding my breath slightly, before letting it all out with a big sigh.

After standing in front of my bedroom door like an idiot, contemplating weather I'll actually go out or not, I finally just grow some balls and open the door.

I can hear my mum cooking dinner a few halls down.

Smells like chicken and rice, yum!

You can't.

But it smells so good.

But you can't eat, remember, you'll get even fatter than you already are, you twat.

I only weigh 46 kg (101 lbs)...

Your too fat, Daniel.

...You're right, I'll skip dinner again.

Good boy.

He's right...

I shake it off (SHAKE IT OFF, SHAKE IT OFF) and head to the kitchen, where my mum is.

As clumsy as I am, I wasn't surprised that I accidently knocked the remote off the coffee table, causing my mum to acknowledge that I was there.

"Hello, Daniel! How are you doing?" She greeted me like her usual cheery self.

"I'm doing fine, mum. But, I, uh, I-I have something to tell you..." I replied, faltering near the end if my sentence.

Mum visibly frowned a bit, but then it turned right back into a smile. "What is it, dearie?"

Cringey nicknames again, yay.

Shut up.

"I-I, um, I'm-"

Just before I finished my sentence, my mum interrupted me, saying, "You know what, your father will be home soon, so just tell us both at dinner, ok hun?"

I just nodded in response, going back to my room until I have to tell my parents that I'm not normal.

I just lay in my bed until I hear a door slam, meaning that my father was home.

Welp, you're screwed now.

Shut up!

Your mum would have been okay, but with your dad? Might as well pronounce you already dead! Haha!

I know, just let me think on my own for once, okay?

And with that, the voice was gone, but soon replaced by my mum calling me and Adrian(I don't care if we aren't aloud to speak of him, he is Dan's brother) for dinner.

I let out a shaky breath and head to the table, sitting down in my usual seat beside my brother and across from my mum.

"So, Dan, have you got a girlfriend yet?" My dad randomly blurts after a few minutes of silently eating.

I visibly tense and stutter an inaudible sentence. With that, my dad grumbles out, "Oh, c'mon Dan, your younger brother has a girlfriend for pete's sake!"

"Well I'm not my brother..." I mumble. "What was that?"

"N-nothing."

They continue to eat in silence as I awkwardly sit there.

"What about that Louise girl? She seems nice." My dad blurts.

"Dad, n-no, she's just a friend."

"How about Catherine?"

"No..."

"Carrie?"

"No! I like boys, for fucks sake! Boys!"

Everyone froze. Did I just... I...

My dad stood up abruptly and picked me up out of my chair forcefully by my arm. I wince in pain and he dragged me to the lounge.

"What the fuck do you mean you like boys!?"

"I means that I-I'm ga-"

I feel a sting in my cheek and realize that he slapped me.

My dad just slapped me.

The tears started to settle in as a stand there in shock.

"Get out of my house, you sad excuse for a son." My dad demanded.

I run out of the house , tears threatening to fall, and ran so far that I barely knew what part of town I was in. I barely noticed that it was raining until it started to seep through my sweater.

I head to an alley nearby and sit down beside a stack of abandoned boxes. I let the tears loose and curl into a ball of emotions.

Am I angry? Sad? Confused? I guess I'm all of them at the moment.

I cried until I passed out, having terrible nightmares all night.

Thank you guys so much for giving my story a chance, this will have very slow updates as I have school and my ideas for this fic just don't work out for me, so I just keep rethinking and I should just stop ranting. Good bye!