~ Chapter 1 ~

(I know I have too many books already on my hands, but I had this idea when I was leaving the concert I was at all weekend and I COULD NOT wait to post it~)

"People say that when someone dies before doing something really important to them, they become ghosts until they manage to do it. After that they supposedly ascend to the heavens where they belong. I wonder if that's true?"

Wildcat's PoV

I look through my phone at all of the pictures of me and the guys. I smile as I notice in every one that Craig and I are standing side by side. Craig... You're too cute for your own good. I giggle at all the goofy faces we make and the memories the pictures bring.
As I'm enjoying my quiet time, my Skype rings. I look up from my phone at the computer screen to see that the guys are calling. I set my phone down before answering the call. "Ayyyyy, welcome Tyler!" Marcel booms, followed by the other welcoming voices of my friends. "Hiya Tyler!" Craig's voice chirps in the midst of it all, his presence standing out more than anyone else's in the call. "Hey guys~" I say in a goofy tone. "Let's play some fockin' GTA!" I add earning laughter from the whole group, Craig's cute laugh making its presence known. I swoon at the sound as I log onto GTA V.
       We record and play some GTA together, laughing and joking around like always. "Hold on a sec guys, I'm gonna go get some pizza. I'm fucking starving." Craig announces before leaving the call. Once I'm positive he left I let out a loud, audible groan. "Just fucking tell him, you dipshit." Evan states. "Yeah, I'm sure he'll say yes. I've been best friends with him for way longer than any of you guys and I'm sure he probably likes you back. I've seen how he acts around you, all bashful n' shit." Jonathan explains reassuringly. I let out a sigh. "Maybe one day, but I don't think I'm ready yet." I say sullenly.
       "I'm gonna head to bed guys, I'll talk to you later." I yawn out before leaving the call. I stretch after standing up from my computer chair and walk over to my closet, changing into my pajamas. I plop onto my bed and continue what I was doing before the guys called me, admiring Craig's beauty until I can't hold my eyes open anymore.

*The Next Day*

       I wake up at around eleven in the morning to the sound of my phone ringing. I bet it's the guys trying to pester me into continuing last nights session... I huff before swinging my legs off of the bed and onto the floor. I grab my phone and look at the caller ID. What? This isn't the guys? I hesitantly answer the phone to hear to sound of a dull, feminine voice. "Hello?" I ask into the phone. "Yes, is this Tyler Wild?" The lady questions. Ugh, this must be one of those fucking telephone marketers again. "Yes it is." I answer, crossing my arms as I await the sales prep.
       "Do you know Craig Thompson?" The lady asks. What? Why would a telephone marketer ask about Craig? How would they even know about Craig? "Yes..." I draw out, confused. "He was in a car accident yesterday at 11:04 PM. You were the first person in his contacts." The lady states emotionlessly. My whole world stops as my stomach begins to twist. "W-What? Is he okay?!" I scream into the phone worriedly. "He's at the hospital in critical condition." She says. My heart stops. Critical condition... No... Not Craig. Not him. Please no. "What hospital is he in?!" I exclaim. She gives me the information and I waste no time getting dressed and jumping in the car. I'm coming, Craig.
       I arrive at the hospital and run to the receptionist desk. "Hi, I'm looking for Craig Thompson's room!" I blurt out in panting mess. "Room number 148 on the second floor." The receptionist explains. I nod a thank you before sprinting through the halls and up the stairs knowing the elevator would take too long. I run through the hallway, counting the door numbers as I finally reach Craig's room. I burst through the door to see Craig laying in the hospital bed, tubes running up and down his arms and up his nose.
       I pant exhaustedly as I stare at the pitiful sight in tears. I quietly walk over to one of the chairs in the room and cautiously carry it over to Craig's bedside. I sit down and catch my breath while staring at Craig's beat up body. The hours pass by slowly as the doctors and nurses come in and out, laying a tray of food next to me whenever it was time to eat before checking up on Craig.
       What seems like forever passes by before a familiar voice breaks the cycle. I jerk my head up and look over at a sad, weak Craig. "Craig! Holy shit, you're awake!" I cheer quietly in case he has a headache or something like that. Craig turns his head in my direction and smiles, his mood changing from sad to happy.
       "Tyler." He says weakly. "Yeah, I'm here buddy, don't worry." I say, grabbing his hand and holding it in both of mine. Craig waves the doctors away so we am have some privacy. Once they're out of the room he turns back to me. He gives me a bright smile. "Thank you so much for coming." He says as a tear streams down his face. "I'm glad that your face will be the last thing I see." Craig says. "No! Don't talk like that. Your going to make it out of this. Once your all fixed up I'll take you out to get some food with the guys. We'll all have fun just like we always do." I say as I silently sob. More tears fall down Craig's face as his grip on my hands loosen, and his eyes begin to close. I'm put in a stage of panic as I scream for the doctors.
       Everything passed that point is all a blur. Doctors swarming in as I'm dragged out of the room. I scream Craig's name as I struggle to get out of the doctors grip, but to no avail. They shut and lock the door as they begin to do whatever they can to keep Craig alive. I weakly bang on the door as I collapse to my knees in front of the door, resting my head against it. Please no. No. Don't do this to me. Please Craig, you're the strongest guy I know you can make it through this. I crawl to the side so I'm not blocking the door and curl up into fetal position, crying into my jeans.

(I wanted to cry just writing this. Tell me if you cried or not because I know I wanted to lol XD)