Five

I walked down the stairs with Colton next to me. He had a tight grip on my hand. It was as if he was afraid that if he let go of my hand I would start sobbing again. I reach the bottom of the stairs. My mom was in the kitchen. Her head was in her hands and you could hear her soft sobs.

I walk over and pull out the chair next to her, sitting down. She looks over at me. Her eyes were tear filled and I'm sure her vision was blurry. She wrapped her arms around me and sobbed into my shoulder. I rubbed her back soothingly. I look over at Colton. His face was sad and for the first time I noticed tears in his eyes.

You could tell he was trying his hardest not to cry. He wanted to be strong for us but he couldn't. Ryan was his best friend it only made since that he would be upset. To make things worse Colton probably even saw how Ryan died.

That defiantly doesn't make things any easier. I lean my head against my mom.  I let a few fresh tears fall. It amazes me how no matter how much you cry you still seem to have tears left. It's as if your not aloud to ever stop crying.

"This is for you from Ryan." Colton says handing my mom a letter. My mom smiles at him. "Thank you dear." Colton nods before leaving. "Bye." I say as the door shuts. He clearly hadn't heard me.

Mom pulls from the hug and wipes her face. "I think I'm going to go take a nap for a little bit." I nod my head as she stands up. "Alright I'm going to get some fresh air call me if you need me." She nods walking away. I waited until I heard the bedroom door shut to go outside.

Colton was outside just as I figured he would be. He was sitting on the steps of my house. I shut the door behind me and sit down next to him. "Want to get something to eat?" He asks.

"Yes I would love to." He stood up and held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me from the ground. We walked down the street to a diner. It was local and the only one in the city.

The diner was always crowded due to the amazing food. We sat down in a booth by the window. Colton ordered for us. He still remembered my usual order. I couldn't help but smile.

The diner was noisy but our table was quite. I was still not completely aware of my surroundings. I still was having trouble believing everything that had been said.

"How's schools been?" Colton asked to break the silence. "School is school. It's been pretty dull recently but then again school is always dull." Colton nods as the waitress set down our food and drinks. "Thank you." We say at the same time. We laugh as we dig into the delicious food.