Messing about

So it was day 6 of your small vacation. A well earned one you might say.

You get up, leaving him undisturbed, and walk downstairs to the kitchen. You contemplate what to make for breakfast while listening to music.

After a fee moments, you decide that you could easily make waffles, because you found an old waffle iron as you cleaned yesterday.

You turned on some music, keeping it quiet, and started jamming out while getting the ingredients.

Once all the supplies were strewn on the counter, the actual dish making came into play. It was an easy recipe to make, just a few adjustments.

Loki walked in and smiled, you hadn't noticed him.

He decided it be better to let you know of his presence before scaring the living shit out of you.

"It seems you are quite energetic this morning."

You turned around, adjusting your sweatpants. "Yeah. I kinda am." your voice was slighting sheepish.

"Don't worry about me love. Go on." he sat at the bar counter and watched the process.

"I feel like you want to say something, so get it over with. I'm a bad dancer. I know, you can say it." you laughed.

He shook his head. "No, I think it was astounding." he smiled.

You stopped and put a hand on the counter.

That smile. It was the smile that he had told you about two years ago he'd never use again. But now you see it on the daily. Something about his whole demeanor has changed. He isn't the brute killer that you've been told about on numerous occasions. You've never met that side of him, and you doubted you ever would.

"Something wrong dear?"

"What? No. Why'd you ask something a silly as that? No."

"Then why is your hand on the waffle iron. The powered waffle iron?" he pointed to the machine. Your skin was searing.

"Oh. Well isn't that unfortunate." you removed it, but it didn't hurt. You just ignore it and continue on cooking. It was heat. You were practically immune by now.

"Whatever you say." he put his chin in his hand. "Don't hurt yourself."

You cook about 6 before your decide to take a break.

While eating you hear a knock and then the door open, though it was locked.

"Don't worry it's just me, Austin!" you heard the yell.

She entered looking disheveled.

"Everything alright?" Loki asked.

"Um. Yeah actually. Just bringing your mail. It's been delivered to me for years. Mostly just spam, but it's a letter. I don't know who it's from, because I didn't recognize the name."

She handed you the letter. You felt slightly sick now.

You open it smiling, but deep down you most definitely felt like barfing up breakfast.

The name had said Marley Lane. He was someone you knew a long time ago, how he found you, remains unknown.

"Read it aloud? Or naw?" Austin asked.

You quickly read the letter then passed it on.

(Y/n),
I hear your back in Olympia. Near my house. If you want you can come by for a visit. I expect you to be over in a few hours, I miss you. It's been awhile. Miss Rogers why haven't you visited sooner? No need to answer. If you're aren't here later, I'll come find you. I miss you (y/n).
Marley