9

Fergal hated waiting. It was one of his worst characteristics, being impatient, but sometimes he felt better about it when he remembered that it was also one of Ace's worst characteristics.

Dammit.

Where is she?

Ben had told him that today would be the day when Ace and Rami returned from their little getaway, and Fergal knew that Ace always got to the performance center by 10 am even though her usual classes with the coaches didn't start until 11.

It was 10:21. Maybe she just stopped for breakfast or slept in a bit...yeah, that had to be it, right?

Fergal tried to distract himself by thinking of the picture he had sitting in his pocket, the one that Ben had gave him so he'd have an excuse to talk to Ace. He was nervous. He wanted to tell Ace about how he felt, he wanted to let all the words flow out of him as he confessed that he still loved her, but he was nervous. What if he choked? What if the words don't come out?

What if she doesn't feel the same?

Fergal jumped when he heard the door to the PC open. Excited, he turned towards the entrance in hopes of seeing Ace, but instead he only saw Rami and Ben laughing as they walked towards the lounge. Without hesitating Fergal jogged after them.

"Rami?" When he reached the lounge Fergal found it to be empty except for himself and Rami, Ben must've run off to another part of the PC. "Where's Ace?" Fergal mentally cringed when he asked the question, that was not what he wanted to ask first.

"At home, sick with a fever. Why?" Rami responded, furrowing his eyebrows as he did.

"I...um," no use holding it back now, "I have something to return to her."

"And what is that?"

Fergal opened his mouth to say something, but quickly closed it and just pulled the picture out of his pocket, facing it towards Rami.

"So that's what he gave you," Rami muttered softly, almost to the point where it was hard to hear what he said, and Fergal guessed that 'he' must've been Ben. "He told me that he gave you something, but I didn't think it would be that, though I do see why he gave you that."

Fergal slowly stuck the photo back in his pocket, careful not to tear it, before asking Rami when Ace would be back at the PC.

"Just come over tonight, it'd be better to talk to her when you guys aren't in a public area, plus I have stuff to do tonight so you two can be alone, but listen to be Devitt, don't hurt her. She's been through a lot since you two have been apart and what you put her through was the beginning of it all. Don't hurt her like that again, got it?"

Fergal smiled as he looked down towards the pocket on his shorts that held the photograph that brought back so many memories. "I promise."

I know it's not much, but I haven't updated in like two months plus I really wanted to show this little exchange between Sami and Finn before we get to the the exciting exchange between Ace and Finn :D

||JW||