6

"Ace, c'mon, love, we're late."

Ace's eyes fluttered open to see a half-naked Fergal standing on the other side of the room. She smiled as she sat up, stretching her arms and moaning a bit when she felt a few pops come from her back. "What time is it?"

"Almost 11, we were supposed to be at the airport by 10:45, but if we leave now then we might be able to make it," Fergal explained as he tore one of his shirts from his suitcase, throwing it on before turning back towards Ace, "so get your cute little ass up, we gotta go."

Ace laughed and stood up. She stretched again quickly before snatching a pair of jeans from her bag, hurriedly pulling them on. She reached  for her bag again to grab a shirt, but Fergal's voice stopped her.

"Just keep the shirt you're wearing, we have to go now."

Ace laughed as she looked down at the baggy shirt she wore. The words "The Bond of Friendship" were printed across the top of it with a little drawing of Fergal and Karl Anderson printed below it. "You just need an excuse for me to wear your shirt in public, don't you?"

Fergal didn't say a word, but the cheeky smile on his face said everything.

Fergal's voice snapped Ace out of her thoughts making her jump slightly. "I'm sorry, what?"

Fergal laughed and took a sip of his milkshake before repeating his words. "I asked if you knew the Japanese philosophy about every person having three faces."

"The Japanese believe that every person has three faces: the one they show the public, the one they show their friends and family, and their one true face,"she repeated the exact same words that Matt Bloom told her when she wrestled in Japan. "Matt told me those words seconds before my first match in Japan. I've never forgotten them."

"Neither have I." Fergal smiled. "But the reason I brought them up is because recently, I realized that I've only ever seen two of your faces; your 'public' one and your 'friends and family' one,"

"Where are you going with this, Devitt?"

Fergal laughed at Ace's impatience. "You've always been impatient, haven't you?"

"It's one of my best qualities," Ace said with a smirk.

"Back to what I was saying, I've never really seen your true side."

"How do you know that this isn't my true side?"

Fergal chuckled. "A bitch?" He questioned before shaking his head. "Doesn't seem to fit your style, and even though I've seen you at your worst, I know that I have yet to see your true side."

Ace couldn't really think of anything to say so she stayed quiet; she took  another sip of her milkshake as she tried avoiding Fergal's gaze, which wasn't easy since he hadn't stopped staring at her since they walked in.

"Tell me 'bout yourself."

Ace almost choked on her milkshake as she gave Fergal an are you kidding me? look. "Devitt, we slept together for a year. I'm pretty sure you know all about me,"

"What's your favorite color?"

"My favorite color? Devitt, seriously,"

"What? Bad first question?"

Ace looked up to meet Fergal's gaze and without thinking, she smiled. Even though he had broken her heart, he still was able to make her smile and laugh. "It's mint green."