8

Fergal knew that he probably should've waited until the next day to find Ace and talk to her, but when he found himself in front of her apartment he realized there was no turning back now. Before he could even knock though, the door was yanked open and a shocked Ben gazed back at him.

"What're you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Fergal replied.

Ben didn't look away from Fergal as he held up the bag in his hand that the Irishman hadn't noticed before. "I left a few things over here and I came to pick 'em up. Rami's not here if that's who you're looking for."

Fergal laughed and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Even though he had become good friends with Rami in a short period of time, that definitely wasn't who he came here to see. "I, uh, actually, I came to see Ace."

Ben gave Fergal a look before stating that she wasn't home. "She's with Rami. He felt that she needed some time away from Orlando so they got permission from Bloom to get away for a couple days."

"Oh."

"Yeah, well..." Ben froze for a second as if he was trying to think of the right words to say next. "Can I ask you something? About Ace?"

That wasn't exactly what Fergal had thought Ben was going to say, but he nodded anyways, curious as to where this conversation was going.

"What's going on between you two?"

Fergal felt his heart skip a beat or two as he tried avoiding Ben's gaze. "What do you mean?"

"Don't play that game, I know what happened in Japan and I know that the two of you have recently been spending some time with each other, I'm just curious as to what's going on."

"I'm not too sure to be honest..." Fergal's voice trailed off as looked at Ben. It was obvious to him that Ben cared about Ace a lot, just like how a brother cared about a sister.

There was silence for a few moments and Fergal wondered if his heartbeat was loud enough for Ben to hear because it sure sounded like it was.

"You still love her, don't you?"

This time Ben's words didn't surprise Fergal, he had half been expecting him to ask that since the conversation started, though maybe he wasn't prepared to hear those exact words because if he was he probably would've denied it. Instead, he simply shook his head yes.

"She still loves you too y'know. She doesn't admit it, but it's quite obvious."

Now those words shocked Fergal a bit, until he heard the bartender's words in the back of his mind. 'If she loved you before then there's a very good chance that she still loves you.' "How can you tell?"

Ben smirked and mumbled something about Fergal waiting a moment before he disappeared into Ace and Rami's apartment, only to appear a few moments later holding a photo. "I've had a suspicion since you debuted, but I wasn't sure until I saw this picture. It was what confirmed it for me." Ben held the picture out and Fergal took it quickly, holding it out so he could look at it properly.

The memory quickly moved to the forefront of his mind as he remembered that day. Ace had just joined the Bullet Club and that was the first picture taken of her as a member of the group. Fergal took notice of how happy both he and Ace looked and it made his heart ache. He missed that. A lot.

"Keep that for a bit, it'll give you a reason to talk to her once she's back from her mini vacation."

Fergal felt his lips curl up into a small smile. Maybe it was because of the memory the picture caused to stir up or maybe it was because he was hopefully going to get the love of his life back, he wasn't entirely sure, but that was okay.

Though the look that Ben gave him before the two men parted suggested that maybe, just maybe, everything was going to be okay in the end.