Chapter Twenty - DoT

(Saleen)

Saleen glared at Fury as he charged in. "What in the world are you doing? What do you think gives you the right to track Agent Skye?!" He demanded.

"Maybe the fact that Coulson's team kidnapped Jessie!" Clint shot back as the others added.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us Coulson was alive?!" Tony yelled.

"You should have said something!" Steve coursed.

"We are sick of your stupid lies, Fury!" Bruce reply his eyes glowed green. Saleen stepped up and entwined her hand with his. She looked over at him and smiled. He seemed to relax a bit.

Natasha crossed her arms and just stood there. She her poker face was unsettling to Saleen. "None of you had clearance and it was also need to know." Fury replied smoothly though anger laced his voice.

"Actually I did some research on that Jessie and I are classified level 8. A completely higher level then Couslon's little pet pals." Saleen spoke up. "It's funny what you keep from the team Fury. Kinda like the fact that someone in SHIELD isn't who we think he/she
is." Saleen smirked.

Shock stretched across his face same as everyone else. "I... I have no clue what your talking about, Agent Harper." He tried to compose himself.

She chuckled. "I'll tell you what I know if you stop being a selfish moron and tell the team what we want to know. Why and how is Coulson alive and why did they kidnap Jessie?"

"I can answer that." A new voice put in.

"Jessie!" Saleen yelped and ran over hugging her friend as Jessie who was being supported by Thor. "You're okay!"

Jessie smiled, forgetting her ankle and hugged Saleen back. Saleen let go and as soon as Jessie put her weight on that foot she yelped in pain. "What's wrong Jess?" Saleen asked supporting her friend.

"Hurt my ankle phasing through a hull of a plane." Saleen chuckled at her friend's innocent look.

"Here let me take a look at your ankle, Lady Jessie." Thor said kindly and he bent down. "Ah yes, these kinds of injuries are quite common on Mingard I believe. I believe it's call a sprain but I can take care of that." Saleen saw Jessie grimace as Thor rubbed her ankle. A soft electric yellow glow emitted from his hand and seemed to engulf her ankle. As he pulled his hands away the glow slowly died down.

Saleen let Jessie go as she tested her ankle. "Good as new! Thanks Thor!" Jessie chirped. "Now to answer you question they still believed Saleen and I were wanted mutants. Thor convinced them that Saleen and I were now SHIELD agents but I can't answer the other two questions. Will you be so kinda as to enlighten us, Fury?"

"That's classified." Fury replied smoothly, looking past everyone.

"I am sick of everything being classified this, classified that." Natasha finally spoke up. "Tell us the truth! Coulson was like family to all of us and you told us he was dead! You know what? I am done with SHIELD! I quit unless all this classified b*ll cr*p changes."

Saleen glanced at Natasha surprise at her sudden out burst but then nodded in agreement. Soon everyone was agreeing even Steve. Fury looked like he had just taken a bullet in the heart. "Coulson was announced dead for 7 seconds before they managed to revive him. You guys needed something to fight for, to come together as a team and not some dimwitted morons that fought with each other more then you did with the enemy. In the Battle of New York it was Phil Death. In this upcoming war it's Agent Nightshade and Agent Harper."

"I didn't tell you all about Phil because the fact he was alive was level 7. You 6 well 8 were only level 6. Also I thought if you found out Agent Coulson was alive then the Avengers would dis-assemble and the world would be left un-defended." Fury informed everyone.

After an un-bearable silence casted over everyone for a while Steve spoke up, "Those cards probably weren't even in his pocket were they?"

Saleen shot Bruce a questioning look. He mouthed, 'I'll explain later.' Saleen nodded then turned back to the events unfolding in front of her.

"No, but I realized his death stunned you. You needed that extra push to go fight Loki." Fury finally admitted.

Suddenly a new voice spoke. "Um, I am sorry. Am I interrupting something?"

A young female stepped into the room. Saleen looked at the brunette with the European accent. "Uh... Who are you?"

"And what are you doing in my tower?" Tony asked.

"Avengers meet..."

"Agent Gemma Simmons." Jessie interrupted Fury. "She works along side Coulson and his team."

"And now she is the link between the Avengers and Coulson's team. Along with Agent Nightshade."

"What?" Everyone shouted in surprise.

"I've decided that with the new developments happening with Loki and his army you could use there resources. You don't have to work side by side but you have access to each other's resources." Fury informed. "Now Simmons meant the Avengers."

"Greetings Lady Simmons." Thor spoke. "I am Thor Odinson."

"Nice to meet you ma'am. I am Captain Steven Rogers or Captain America." Steve offered a hand. Simmons shook it.

"I am Natasha Romanoff also called the Black Widow." Natasha introduced herself from the other side of the room.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Bruce Banner, sometimes I'm the Hulk." Bruce shook her hand."

"I love reading about your work Dr.Banner." Simmons complimented. There was a glint in her eyes that made Saleen resisted the urge to tell her to back off.

"Hi, I am Clint Barton aka Hawkeye." Clint shook her hand.

"I am Tony Stark, Iron Man and also the owner of this wonderful tower of ours." Tony introduced himself shaking her hand.

"Saleen Harper, the one and only Icicle." Saleen shook her hand.

"Well you already know my but, I'll introduce myself anyways. I am Jessie Nightshade also known as Vertigo." Jessie shook her hand.

"Coulson told me to apologize for the teams actions earlier. So I'm sorry. Also most everyone just calls me Simmons."

"Now that we are all introduced Jessie and Simmons should go brief Couslon's team." Fury said then walked out not allowing anyone to say another word.

"Well... Let's go." Jessie said walking towards the elevator. Simmons following her.

"Hey Jessie! Kick their ass if they attack you!" Saleen called after her. Saleen smirked as she heard a satisfying chuckle from Jessie.

(Agent Ward)

"What?!" Agent Ward questioned. "You mean we have to work hand and hand with the Avengers?" He didn't trust superhumans. Grant believed they held to much power for one person to hold.

"The Director thinks that it will help us fight this upcoming war. Sorry Agent Ward." Grant heard the voice of the mutant, Vertigo say.

"Ward, we are working with the Avengers." Phil finally spoke up.

"Fine." Ward said walking out of the room, deciding he wanted to go hit a few bags."

A/N: I am sorry it's been so long! I am a horrible person when it comes to updating! I hope you guy enjoy and I hope I didn't disappoint....

~TRBW