Chapter 2: Kicking it up a Notch

"Infuriating, dimwitted, obnoxious, annoying, mean person," I grumble under my breath as I scrub the jacket as hard as I can. I've been scrubbing it for hours on end, even though the blue mess came out long ago. I need to take my anger out on something, especially if it cannot be someone.

I'll tell you what, this leather is resilient.

I glance at Bells, blowing a few stray blonde hairs out of my face. "He's just lucky, you know..." I express myself, fed up.

Bell groans aloud and throws her face into her hands. "Ugh, I hate it when you get like this," she whines, already predicting what's coming next.

I ignore her and continue on rattling away words. "He's just lucky that I held myself back, that I have so much self-control. I restrained myself. If I didn't, then who knows what would have happened to him. The few loved ones he might have would probably be attending his funeral right now. He's just lucky is all," I mumble to myself, audible enough for Bell to hear.

"Or what? You'd pummel him to a pulp?" Bells asks smugly, not expecting me to immediately agree to it as she continues to paint her toenails a vibrant pink.

All the while, she watches me willingly torment myself with his stupid jacket, not bothering to question my actions once. She's used to my shenanigans.

"Exactly, now you're catching on," I nod profusely and then click my fingers as an imaginative light bulb hovers over my head -- an idea generating and starting to take a dangerous form in my mind.

"No, no, no! I know that facial expression all too well and my answer is still no," Bells insists.

I ignore her and proceed in telling her my plans anyway. "I am going to shrink his jacket and dye it pink...by mistake, of course," I add the last part thoughtfully, only to achieve a disappointed glare from her in return.

"I am so not getting involved in this. He will tear you to pieces. Have you forgotten who he is?" she asks me, shaking her head profusely as if to prove that she wants nothing to do with it. "He's a jerk."

"I'm sorry, Bells," I pause dramatically, building up suspense, "you're in too deep as it is. There's no backing out now," I tell her as I take the black jacket out of the bucket of water and bring it to my nose. "How is it that I have been scrubbing away for hours, so much so that my nails are drenched in sweat and blood, yet still his scent manages to remain intact?" I question in childlike wonder.

"And his scent bothers you because?" she asks, amused.

I breathe in his scent and sigh dreamily. "It smells so good, so minty and fresh. In fact, suffice to say, I think I'm in love."

"You barely know him," Bell reminds me with a roll of her eyes. "In fact, I don't think anyone knows him. Jay Taylor tends to keep to himself..." she pauses before adding, "all the damn time."

I laugh at her foolishness. "I'm not in love with him," I clarify, "I'm in love with his natural scent. It's heavenly," I say and sniff his jacket again before Bella snatches it swiftly from my hands.

"Cut it out, you stalker," she teases before leaning back to mock me, only to accidentally bump her nail polish bottle over.

She tenses when the pink liquid spills out onto the jacket. She gasps in panic when it stains pink over the black. I grin to myself when she begins to rub at his jacket frantically. 

"Crud, crud, crud!" she curses in fear whilst I sit back calmly and watch my nonexistent plan fall into place.

"Now you really are in too deep, Bells," I laugh at her expense.