Chapter 14

I yawned and stretched. We had finally reached the other Hives territory. Tasting the air, I could clearly smell the scent marks. I sat down and sighed. Ale'con stood, head twisting toward each new sound. Ale'con sniffed the air, looking for any other signs of Xenomorphs. We were wary, because this Hive was not known for taking in outsiders. Especially a Predalien. (I FORGOTTED THE PRAETORIANS! that's what I meant for Ale'con to be and Jamar :() They had Praetorians and we didn't. (Not too sure how this is gona work but just go wth it). Just then, bushes rustled to the right. Me and Six spun around hissing and Sharphand snarled, but Ale'con waved us back, mandibles flaring slightly.

"We are on their territory, shut up and let me do the talking." he hissed. I nodded and stepped back. Just then, a enourmas Praetorian stepped out of the bushes, lips peeled back and tail lashing. Its large Queen like crest served as an imposing shield. It hissed and Ale'con growled, mandibles flaring in warning. I stepped back baring my teeth slightly.

"What do you want, you are trespassing." it hissed. Ale'con dippd his head.

"Our Hive was attacked by yaujta several days ago and blew apart our Hive, killing everyone, including our Queen. We have been traveling for a while and wish to join your Hive with your Queens permission." Ale'con answered. I tensed as I waited for its answer. The Praetorian lips quivered. it was probably discussing it with its Queen. At last, after what seemed like eternity, it nodded and beckoned with its tail. We followed, gratefully. I was aching with relief.

"Don't be so happy. She hasn't said yes yet." murmured Six. Instantly my relief was swallowed by worry again. We followed the Praetorian into a small grove of trees and then into their Hive. Boarded by cliffs on either side, it was nestled in a outcrop between them. A gaping hole stood out in front. We went in and were instantly swallowed in darkness. Even though it wasn't our Hive, I relished in the feeling of exoskeleton between my feet and the sound of soft hisses and whispers. We were led into an enormous chamber where the Queen was located, sitting on her egg sac. Several hissing Praetorians and drones surrounded her. I instinctively crouched and crawled forwards, trying to appear harmless. Ale'con bowed to the Queen and Sharphand and Six crouched as I was. I could feel her inspecting my mind. At last she spoke.

"A runner, two warriors, and a Predalien. What do you wish in coming to me?" she asked. Ale'con stepped forward, tail twitching and mandibles stuttering.

"our Hive was attacked by Yaujta about a week ago and we have been on the run ever since. They blew up our Hive and killed everyone including our Queen. We were only lucky to escape because we were sent to destroy the ship they arrived in. Even on the journey, one of us died from a scorpion bite and then we were attacked by wolves and panthers. " finished Ale'con with a sweep of his tail. The Queen nodded thoughtfully. She examined us one by one. I crouched slightly as her unseeing gaze landed on me.

"You all seem like good xenos and are in need of help. We have a large Hive and you are more than welcome to stay with us. However, at any sign of treason or traitorige, (IS THAT A WORD?) you with be driven out immidalty or killed." she said. Ale'con dipped his head and we followed.

"We thank you tremendously for sparing us. We owe you our lives." said Ale'con. I felt like yowling in triumph. We had a home!

"My top Praetorians will show you around." she said. We were escorted out.