Chapter 3

A/N I do not own AVP or any of the plot and characters.

All rights to this Fanfiction and its plot and plot changes goes to

PraetorianAlpha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously

The fourth infant. We had forgotten it. Slowly, I turned to see a small disheveled bundle on the ground, covered in blood, hardly moving. Mother bent over it, nudging it. It whimpered faintly, and dropped its head onto the ground. I padded forward. It was a warrior. It hadn't gotten attention quick enough to survive. I was sure that the rage from Mother hadn't helped. Gently, I picked it up and brought it with me and Jaken to bury it outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I laid the small body into the hole and scraped dirt over it. Thanks to the female, a wonderful warrior had been lost to us. I arched my back hissing. Jaken laid his tail across my back.

"Calm down." he murmured. I shook myself and took a deep breath. We turned and headed back inside to search out the female. I sniffed the air, growling softly.

"She went this way." I growled. We headed down the long pipe. I leaped onto the side, prowling along. I jumped down and headed down the hall. I halted in surprise, for her scent led down to where my den was. I arched my back snarling in anger. Jaken was amazed, Xenomorphs respect privacy, especially if it's your den. And her scent led straight to mine. Roaring I charged forward, launching myself into my den, claws out. Jaken was right behind me. I stumbled and almost fell on my snout at what I saw. A crumpled skin was near the wall, and resting in front was a almost full grown runner. She had molted. IN MY DEN! She tilted her head up at me. I hissed, unsheathing my claws.

"Why... Are...You...IN MY DEN?!" I bellowed. She flinched back.

"I...I needed a place to molt." Spitting I thrust my face into hers.

"MY DEN?" I growled. She nodded.

"Out, now!" I hissed. I shoved her roughly out of my den.
"Mother wishes to see you." I growled. Jaken pushed her towards the hall. She looked back at me.

"I'm sorry." she whispered. I arched my back spitting. She quickly turned and bounded out with Jaken. I grabbed her skin and shoved it out. Pacing my den, I thought about the nameless runner. Why, of all dens, mine? How did she know where it was? I hadn't been in here all day. My scent should have been stale. Unless, it was my memories. She had spoken to me first out of any others in the Hive, even Mother. Sighing, I curled up. Females. The most confusing organisms on the planet.

Word Count : 447