Chapter 2

A/N I do not own AVP or any of the plot and characters.

All rights to this Fanfiction and its plot and plot changes goes to

PraetorianAlpha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously

"You won't stay and revel in the Hives strength?" I shook my head and slid back to my den. I had been reveling in our strength my whole life.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were the strongest Hive on the planet. Once I got to my den, I bounded up to the hole and sat there. Even though I couldn't see it, I knew the moon was shining because of the way the shadows gleamed in my vision. I sat for a while, thinking about glory that would come and battles that would be fought. I only returned to my den when Ribhead came and brought me back inside.

I slept late the next day, and yawning, padded sleepily through the tunnels. I headed into Mothers chamber, a little surprised that she hadn't created another sack yet. She noticed my surprise.

"Just because I'm a Queen doesn't mean I spend all my time in the egg sack." she said. I dipped my head. Luckily, this time I got to hunt. Happily, I headed out of the Hive with Jaken, Ribhead, and Gillian. I paced through the trees, sniffing the air. A snort made me freeze. Whipping around, I tried to pinpoint the sound. Bushes rustled to the right. I leaped into a tree, positioning myself over the target. It was a large boar. I hissed softly, and its head shot up. I crept silently down the tree until I could stab it with my tail. Then, I reconsidered. I always killed with my tail. This time, I was mauling. I leaped with a screech. The boar squealed as I gripped its course hide. Slashing with my claws and tail, I leaned forward and snapped my inner jaws into its brain. I let out a roar of triumph.

"Come quickly, it is time for the chestbursters to hatch!" called Mother. Instantly, I spun around and shot back to the Hive, not bothering to wait for the others. I sensed the excitement of the Hive as I neared. I burst into the Queen chamber through a vent. Dropping the pig, I bounded to where Mother stood.

"How many?" I asked.

"At least four." Mother replied. A short crack interrupted the silence. The host, a male, choked and gasped, face contorted in pain. A couple more cracks, and my new brother, for it was a boy, emerged. He let out a small wail. Mother walked over and picked him up, crooning softly. He yelped and wriggled in happiness. All chestburters love to be held by Mother. Mother handed him to a drone, who raced off to the nursing chamber. I padded forward expectantly. A small voice, out of nowhere, sounded in my head.

"help" The one small word, was heartbreaking. I slid forward. I knew it was the chestburster.

"You can do it, little one. Come and join us." I murmured. A loud snap was heard and the host screamed in pain.

"I'm betting it's a predalien." said Jaken. "That was a loud snap."

Just then, a small head burst out of the chest, screeching in triumph. To everyones surprise, it was not a Predalien, but, to our amazement, it was a runner. It slid onto the ground screeching. It managed to shakily stand on four feet.

"But, how.." breathed Mother. I stood, claws rooted to the ground, mind spinning. The chestburster was a female. I was surprised, there usually were only male runner. Females were usually either drones or warriors. But the fact that this runner came from a human was astounding. We come from dogs or cows, any four legged creature. Xenomorph runners only came from quadropedal creatures. Yet, this runner came from a bipedal creature. It was almost unheard of. She turned her small head around. Mother let out a small hiss, and the runner instantly zeroed in on her. Mother approached her to pick her up, but immediately, the infant turned and ran over to me, hiding behind my legs, hissing softly. Mother was startled.

"Go to her." I said, nudging her forward. Tentatively, she crept forward, Mothers encouraging whine bringing her forward. This time, she let Mother pick her up. She squeaked happily. Mother purred.

But, then the infant wriggled out of her grasp and bounded clumsily towards me. She would need some time to develop the smooth gate all runners share.

"Fastclaw" she hissed in my mind.

"Why do you run from Mother?" I asked.

"I like you better."

Now she was in trouble. Mothers tail lashed and she curled her lip. The entire Hive held its breath. Youngsters never, ever, did that. They must always go to Mother to get her approval and become a full member of the Hive.

"COME HERE NOW!" roared Mother. The infant and entire Hive flinched back. Trembling, the infant crept forward. Mother lowered her head baring her teeth. She pressed her head against the infant's and she squealed. She jerked backwards and fled behind me again, nearly knocking me over in the process.

Mother hissed. She stalked forward, shoving me out of the way, knocking me over with a yelp. I tumbled down, leading in a heap on the ground. Jaken nudged me to my feet, growling. Mother glared down at the female runner, who was shaking in fear, back arched, claws unsheathed. She was absolutely terrified. Mother grabbed her and she yowled.

"How dare you refuse to be part of this Hive!" she roared. The runner screeched in fear. I winced, the sound grated in my ears. Now, the entire Hive raced for vents and hole, hiding from Mothers wrath. I had never seen Mother this angry ever. Ribhead crept to my side, along with Jaken.

"What's Mother going to do?" Jaken hissed. I shrugged, but I knew one thing. If Mother attacked the newborn,(not the alien resurrection ones), she wouldn't survive. I also knew something else, and it could cost me and the Hive. If Mother attacked, every runner would attack her. She was threatening one of us. We runners are very protective of each other. I would even attack her.

"Please Mother, spare me!" she cried, now twisting in Mothers grasp. "I wish very much to be part of the Hive, please!"

"It certainly didn't seem that way to me!" screeched Mother. Then, every Xenomorph raced away from the room. No one even remembered or cared about the ceremony any more, they just wanted away from the chamber.

"Very well, then you will let me finish!" roared Mother, shoving her head to the runner, who was practically about to fall apart. A small click was heard in my mind and the others as well. The instant it was over, she spun around and pelted out of the room, up a vent, and out of sight. Mouths open, me, Jaken, and Ribhead all sat with astonishment.

"Jaken, Fastclaw, go find her." ordered Mother. We nodded and spun around, racing away from the disastrous ceremony. A small whine made all of us freeze. My heart sank like a rock. The fourth infant. We had forgotten it. Slowly, I turned to see a small disheveled bundle on the ground, covered in blood, hardly moving. Mother bent over it, nudging it. It whimpered faintly, and dropped its head onto the ground. I padded forward. It was a warrior. It hadn't gotten attention quick enough to survive. I was sure that the rage from Mother hadn't helped. Gently, I picked it up and brought it with me and Jaken to bury it outside.

Word Count : 1258