Chapter 4

TWO WEEKS LATER

"Happy birthday Franklin!" Anna gave him a big hug. "You same age as me now. Right?" Franklin nodded then smiled. "You know what's funny?" Franklin said. "What?" "Our birthdays are only two weeks apart." Anna smiled. "It is very funny." "Cakes ready!"Elisabeth yelled out from the kitchen. "Come on!" Franklin grabbed Anna's hand and pulled her into the kitchen.

Anna and Franklin's eyes widened when they went inside the kitchen. "Wow momma!" A big,yellow square cake sat upon the kitchen table. "This is the biggest cake I've ever laid my eyes on!" Elisabeth smiled. "Do you like? I really went out this year,huh?" Franklin nodded his head,mouth still open from his surprise. "This can feed the whole plantation!" Everyone laughed.

"How big do you want your slice?" Elisabeth said,with plate and knife in hand. "How big can it be?" Franklin started to lick his lips. Anna drooled a little from imagining how good the cake will be. "Franklin!" Anna and Franklin both jumped from the harsh,loud voice that came from the front door. "Oh no. It master. He is home early." Anna started to back away from the cake. "Don't worry." Franklin said,mouth full of cake. "It's my birthday today. He'll be patient you. Trust me." Anna gulped and nodded her head. "Franklin boy!" the voice said louder. Franklin ran to his father.

"Daddy!" Franklin said,pretending to be happy to see his father. "There he is!" Marcus,the master,said,giving his son a big hug. "You know you're becoming a man now. Eleven years old? Damn." Franklin sighed. "I know. Daddy? How is it like being man?" Marcus smiled and patted Franklin on his soft,brown hair. "Not as good as you think." "Come on to the kitchen! Momma made a huge cake!" Franklin said,trying to drag the big man into the kitchen. "Ok. I'm coming."

"Marcus honey!" Elisabeth said,faking a smile. "Come give me some lovin',huh?" Marcus stretched out his arms,waiting for a hug and kiss from his wife. "Nope." Elisabeth put a big slice of cake on a plate. Marcus put down his arms. "And why not?" "'Cause I'm not ready to touch you yet." Marcus rolled his eyes. "You're still on that from three weeks ago? Honey,let it go. Yeah, I pushed you down,but you're fine." Marcus puckered up his lips. "I'm still waiting for my kiss." Elisabeth walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Happy?" Marcus smiled wide. "Very. Where is anna?" Franklin raised an eyebrow. "Why?" "I just want to talk to her." "You're not gonna do anything to hurt her,right daddy?" Franklin walked up in front of his father,tiptoeing to be his height. "No. I promise. Anna?"

Anna walked into the kitchen timidly. "Yes sir?" Marcus grinned a little. "Can I talk to you in the other room for a little while?" Anna hesitated. "Yes sir." Marcus came and touched her hand gently. "This way." They walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

Anna gulped and looked at the floor. "Anna?" She looked up at him,not looking in his eyes. "I know you're only eleven, like my son,but I've really became fond of you,no matter what I do to you or your parents." Anna became a little confused. "Sir?" Marcus smiled. "No. Don't call me that. Call me Mr. Marcus. Think you can do that?" Anna nodded. "Why are You so silent? You can talk to me." Anna gulped again. "Yes.......m......Mr. Marcus." Anna said. Marcus smiled. "That's a good slave. Look me in the eyes." Anna hesitated,but looked him straight in the eyes. "Did anyone tell you that you have such beautiful eyes?" Marcus said,stroking her hair. Anna nodded slowly. "My momma said So. And thank you." Marcus grinned. "Anytime." Marcus leaned in to Anna's face and whispered in her ear. "Don't tell no one." He then kissed her cheek. He got up,and went into the kitchen again. Anna sat there,not knowing what to do. "Sir?" She whispered.

                  **************

That's all. Next chapter coming next year, you know,cause the new year? Yeah,You got it. Thanks for the support. *Amber <3*