Chapter 3-Don't wear PJs in the kitchen.

Comenzar desde el principio

"We rushed down here to see what the problem was and....." Fitz says.

"And.....?" Dad and I say.

"And when we got down here the whole computer was fried," Agent May says.

"Fried? How?" Dad asks.

"We're not sure. All we know is that there is a ton of electricity running through the computer,"May says.

"Then stop it," Dad says.

"The thing is, Sir. If we touch it, we will most likely explode," Simmons says.

"She means that if we touch it, most likely the energy volts will knock us out or kill us, we would not explode," Agent Fitz corrects Simmons.

"So S.H.I.E.L.D, the worlds number one research lab, doesn't have a device that absorbs energy?" I ask.

"We're not rocket scientists!" Agent Ward says.

"Actually we are," Simmons points out.

"It's not like someone can just absorb the energy from the computer. It's not that simple," May says.

"Christy can," Tony says.

"I can?" I ask.

Tony stares at me.

Oh yeah, energy. That's how I got my powers! Maybe if......no.....yes.

"I can," I say proudly.

Everyone glares at me.

"I'm serious. I can absorb the energy," I say.

"You? How?" Agent Ward scoffs.

I roll my eyes,
"Did any of you watch the live coverage of the battle of New York?" I ask.

"I was there," Tony says.

"Not you, Stark," I say.

No one else answers.

"I'm right then. She can do it," Tony says.

"No, it's to dangerous," Fury says.

"Sir, if we don't get this energy in this computer under control, it's going to explode," Agent Hollie says.

"That changes things," Ward says, "Have at it Coulson."

I smile.

"Christy, are sure about this?" Dad asks.

"Pretty sure," I say.

"Look, Coulson, you didn't see Christy during the battle of New York. I did. She can do this," Tony says.

"Alright. Everybody back up!" Dad says, "Just don't die."

"I already did," I mumble.

Fury pushes the agents and Tony behind a blast wall, just in case I...you know....explode.

"It's impossible, why or the real question is how can a human girl absorb energy?" I hear Simmons ask.

"Just watch," Fury says.

"Wait is she......"

I know it's Agent Ward but I can't hear the rest because the computer begins to glow as I get closer.

What? It's glowing? This can't be happening..........not to me......but it is.

I stick both hands in front of me. The energy turns to pure light and seeps it's way into my fingers.

I.AM.ABSORBING.ENERGY.

My heart begins to quicken its pace while my hands turn beet red. I try to move but my feet are stuck to the ground. Sparks begin to form around my hands and feet. Strangely, my while body starts to glow, even my red hands turn a bright gold. I'm not only absorbing the energy, I'm becoming the energy.