Chapter 3: Deadly Reunion

|| Yuichiro's POV ||

It's been a few months since I was a member in the Shinoa Squad. To be honest,I didn't think I'd get along with those annoying guys. The reason why I refused to make friends is because I'm afraid to lose them,just like when I lost my family back in the orphanage.

However,I realized that I needed them. Eventually,I began to care about Shinoa and the others and see them as my family. My goal to live had changed. But,if only if Mika was with me...

~*~*~*

"----Not good! Lieutenant Colonel Guren is..!" Mitsuba yelled. The Shinoa Squad was running towards Guren in Shinjuku. He was in danger. A vampire was pointing his sword at him and he looked defenseless.

I tried to run faster so I could save Guren in time. "Everyone,take a pill! We'll save Lieutenant Colonel Guren and retreat!" Shinoa blurted out. All of us swallowed the pill and moved faster.

"This is the end,human." I heard the vampire mutter. "Damn." Guren smiled while gritting his teeth. I was almost there.

"Gureen!!"

SPLASH!

The sword that the vampire was holding had pierced Guren's chest. His blood came out. I widened my emerald green eyes in anger and held out my sword,ready to summon Ashuramaru.

"You bastard!! What the hell do you think you're doing to Guren?!" I yelled angrily.

~*~*~*

|| Mikaela's POV ||

I heard a certain human yelling. His voice was loud and it was irritating. "Another human. How annoying." I said in a stern voice. I turned around to get ready for my next kill but it all came to an end when I saw a black haired guy with emerald green eyes. It's...really him.

"Y-Yuu-chan...?" I widened my sapphire blue eyes in shock. However,I was interrupted when I felt a sharp thing piercing my chest.

Yuu-chan was stabbing me with his sword. But since I was too busy thinking about him,I forgot about the pain.

~*~*~*

|| Yuichiro's POV ||

I narrowed my emerald green eyes in anger and gritted my teeth. I was just about to activate my sword in order to kill the vampire in front of me but it all came to an end when I met a pair of sapphire blue eyes. And familiar wavy blond hair. No,it couldn't be...

"----!"

I was right. It's....my family. My best friend. The only friend I've had back then...Mika.

~*~*~*

"Y-Yuu-chan...?" The blond called out to me. I was speechless. I was stabbing my family. "You..." I muttered.

"----What the hell are you doing?!"

We were interrupted by Guren. He told me to hurry up and activate the sword to kill Mika. I was shaking. I didn't know what to do.

"Eh? B-But..."

"Hargh...Haa..Haaa..."

"Tch! You fucking brat!!"

Guren quickly grabbed his sword and attempted to stab Mika with it but he dodged at the last second. The blond jumped a few metres away from him and tried to balance himself but ended up falling and rolling down on the ground.

I took a few steps in front to see if it was really Mika. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. How is Mika alive? My thoughts came to an end when Guren walked closer and punched me hardly.