Gus' Lips and Other Tight Things

Present Day

Gus hadn't felt this scared since, well... since Shawn took him on his last little adventure. The only difference was that Gus was more scared for Shawn than for himself.

Gus' stomach tied in knots when he found that diamond ring inside of Shawn's stolen gameboy, and it hasn't since untied. That was two weeks ago. Gus had known sooner or later Shawn would have to become suspicious, so what was he to do? The best thing he could do was avoid Shawn at all cost, but what about Juliet? Gus was going to soon exploded if he didn't speak to someone.

At first, he considered Henry, but Shawn was good enough to read his old man. Then, he considered Lassie, but he knew that a man with an icy heart like his could use this against him. Finally; he found his confidant.

"Buzz, Shawn is going to propose to Juliet!" Gus bursted out.

Buzz stared at Gus in shock.

Gus had hoped in 'The Blueberry' just to come and tell Buzz about Shawn and Juliet. He knew telling McNab in the middle of the SBPD, more people would come to know. So, Gus took him down to the lab, when everyone was out to lunch, of course.

"I can't believe it," Buzz cheered.

"Yeah, neither can I," a voice added.

Gus jumped from the voice and Buzz instinctively drew his weapon.

"I'm in here," the voice called.

Buzz tracked the voice to one of the autopsy freezer drawers and opened it. Gus jumped at the sight of the dead body on the slab of metal.

"No! Top left," the voice called.

Buzz pulled open the top left drawer and out popped Woody.

"Woody, what the hell were you doing in there?" Gus demanded.

"Uh... I'd rather not tal... Okay, if you insist," he said, but no one had insisted. "Lassiter bet me $10 that I couldn't stay in the freezer all day with out anyone noticing. I couldn't help but react when I heard the good news!" He cheered.'

Gus groaned at the coroner's stupid explanation.

"Buzz, help him out, " Gus pleaded.

Buzz slowly slid Woody out of the cold, metal drawer and placed him on the tile floor. Woody brushed himself off and smiled, as this was an everyday occurrence.

"So," Woody began, "When's the big day?"

"I don't know," Gus admitted, "All I know is he had a ring, but he hasn't done anything with it. Woody, you gotta promise me you won't say anything about this to anyone."

Woody zipped his lips and smiled in whimsy.

"Good, and Buzz, remember what I told you," Gus reminded.

"It I tell anyone, you'll take Chairwomen Meow back... You should know I renamed her 'Frannie'," Buzz said.

"Great, just remember, don't tell anyone," Gus said as he backed out of the room,

"Ow," Gus had tripped over something, and was now on the floor. He looked up and saw Lassiter smiling evilly at him. Of course it was his size 30 feet that he had tripped over.

"Don't tell anyone what, Guster?" Lassie asked cheerily.

Gus hopped up quickly and darted past Lassiter. Of course, he caught up with him a mere second later.

"Don't tell anyone what, Guster?" Lassie gritted through his teeth as he grabbed the back of Gus' shirt.

Gus gulped down the large lump in his throat and began to mumble.

"What are you doing?" Lassiter demanded.

"I'm praying.... Shut up," Gus sneered.

Lassiter gave Gus a dirty look as he dropped him to the floor. He bent down to the fallen man's height and was now getting impatient. Things got ugly when Lassie got impatient.

He took a deep breath and began to talk again, "Look, Guster, I'm a skilled interrogator who has broken in the hardest of hard criminals. I think I could handle a puny little psychic's assistant like you!"

What was Gus to do? Tell Lassie and risk him telling Shawn or Juliet? Or not telling him and getting broken into a million little Gus bite sized pieces. Gus conjured up all his unused bravery and grabbed Lassiter's collar.

"Look, Lassiter, this is a rather sensitive topic and I would rather you not stick your nose into my business. I know I don't deserve this because of how much I have let Shawn get away with, but believe me, I just need you to drop; just this once," Gus boasted proudly.

Lassiter was taken back by Gus' bold statement.

"Well, Guster," Lassiter said as he fixed his tie, "I... I..." Lassiter got up and stormed off, without saying a word.Gus smiled in his still seated position. He had never felt this proud of himself before and he knew that nothing could stop him... except for his lunch, which now lay regurgitated slightly beside him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please excuse any typos or grammer mistakes. I'm a bit to tired to revise right now, and anyways, this is just a rough draft,