Part 4 (Kamy)

Katherine POV-

I adjusted my position, making sure to keep Amy comfortable as I moved. She looked up from my lap, and I gently pushed her head back down, making sure her eyes were on the screen. It was a lazy Saturday, and we were cuddled up on the couch watching Pretty Little Liars. It was funny, how her legs didn't reach the floor and how my legs hung off the couch.

I smiled as Amy had dramatic reactions to the episode. I was never into watching TV, but Amy- watching was a passion I enjoyed. She was so adorable and fluffy, like a fuzzy toy. I continued daydreaming about Amy, her short stature, her brown hair, her wide eyes, the way she could understand me.

The CimFam were always taking about Dauren and Laurisa and the occasional mention of Listina, but no one realized that Amy and I had the deepest connection. We were the least loved, so we had to stick together.

Amy sighed dramatically and said,

"UGH why is Ezria so adorable?"

I laughed. She shut the TV off, and stared at me. She exclaimed,

"CAN WE GO TO THE PIZZA PLACE AND GET SICILIAN ?!"

I laughed. Sicilian pizza was my weakness, and everyone knew it. I sprang off the couch, and walked towards the car, still wearing my fluffy pajamas. We ran towards my car, shivering at the frigid temperatures. At least it means that Christmas is coming.

Amy jumped into the passenger seat, and I turned on the radio as we drove to the pizza place. Luke Bryan came on, and Amy giggled, knowing that I had put on her favorite. We jammed to the song, and I tried to peel my eyes away from her. Eyes on the road, Kath. What are you gonna tell an officer when he asks why you were speeding? That you were staring at your fucking beautiful girlfriend?

We reached the pizza place, and ran in. The owner smiled. It was 10pm on a Saturday night, and two girls were running in wearing their pajamas. We ordered our food, and chose a comfy booth to sit at.

We chewed on our pizza in silence. The pizza owner went inside the kitchen, so it was just us. Amy closed her eyes and leaned back into her seat. I looked at her in concern. She only did that right before a panic attack. She began to breathe heavily, like it took all her effort to take a breath.

I was at her side in an instant. I enveloped her in a hug and rubbed slow, controlled circles on the small of her back. I whispered,

"Ames. Look at me. Breathe. Copy me. Innn, and outt. You can do it."

Her fingers started visably shaking as steady tears flew down her face onto her oversized shirt. I hugged her tighter,  until her sobs turned to hiccups and her breathing became normal again. She nuzzled her head into me, and said,

"Thank you."

I replied,

"For what?"

She said,

"For being you."

I kissed the top of her head, and threw our stuff in the garbage. We walked towards the car. I started the engine, and we drove off. Amy let out a shaky breath, a mixture of being cold and the after-effects of her panic attack.

I drove the car, and listened to Amy ramble on about our next show. And then there was the sound of tires screeching, and everything went black.

A while later-

I cringed as the bright headlights of a car shined in my face. It all came back to me- Amy. The car. A crash. I saw police cars in the distance. Amy coughed in the corner, a large gash on her head. Her feeble voice called out,

"Kath? Where are you?"

The policeman that was at the scene said,

"Honey, your sister Katherine is dead. It's confirmed. We told you this. Now if you would cooperate, we need a phone number of a parent or sibling so that someone knows that we are taking you to the hospital."

Amy cried out,

"No, she's not dead. She promised. She would never leave me. You're lying. Katherine? Where are you?"

I looked at the policeman in confusion. What was he saying? I wasn't dead. I opened my mouth to correct him, but nothing came out. I couldn't talk.

I looked around at the accident. There were shards of glass everywhere. A body was sprawled out in the distance. A piece of glass was lodged into the girls head, and what little blood she had left in her body was leaking out. I walked closer, and my stomach turned inside out.

It was me.

Does that mean I'm dead? What? I can't be dead- Amy needs me. I need her. No, this can't be happening.

My heart ripped to shreads as I saw Amy collapse, crying on the floor. I couldn't watch. Why did she have to deal with this?

Sorry Amy. I promised I wouldn't leave you.