Chapter 1: Traumatizing Past

|| Yuichiro's POV ||

"Whenever I close my eyes,I have the same dream...About my precious family being killed."

~Flashback; 8 years ago,At the Hyakuya Orphanage~

"Hello,children. Today we have a new family member and his name is Yuichiro. He's eight years old. Please get along,okay?" An old lady happily shouted. She seemed to be the mother of the orphanage. However,I kept a frown face since I did not like the situation I was in at all.

"Yes!" A certain blond haired boy with sapphire blue eyes nodded cheerfully. His happy tone irritated me to the bone."My name's Mikaela. I'm the oldest one here in the orphanage and I'm about the same age as you! And from today onwards,we're all family. So nice to meet you,Yuu-chan!" He then walked closer to me and held out his hand for a handshake.

I glared at him in return and slapped his hand away harshly. Suprisingly,he wasn't hurt or suprised at my actions at all. I gritted my teeth firmly as I shouted, "I...don't have a family! My mother said that I was a demon child,and my father even tried to kill me!! So there's no such thing as a fami-"

"--Heeh. That must be tough." Mikaela cut me off. "I was abused by my parents when I was little and eventually,they grew tired of me so they threw me out from a moving vehicle." My emerald green eyes widened at his words. Then,the other little children explained their pasts and told me their names.

All this annoyed the hell out of me so I picked a fight with the oldest son in the orphanage. However,he easily dodged my attacks and punched me. He was strong even though he looked weak. He looked like a person who is too soft to hurt a fly,even.

|| Time Skip ||

"Gugh...Hargh...Haaa...."

I panted heavily. I ended up lying on the floor,beaten to a bloody pulp. Mikaela wiped the dirt off his hands and smiled innocently at me. His bright smile made my blood boil.

Suddenly,the old lady shook her head. "Mikaa~ Don't start a fight in the orphanage." She scolded.

Mikaela looked at her and said, "We're not fighting. We're making friends!" He then turned his gaze to me and held his hand out again.

"Okay,let's start over,Yuu-chan. My name's Mikaela. And starting from today onwards,we're all family!" He cheerfully said.

I clenched my fist tightly and accepted his hand. I still did not accepted him or the children as my family but I didn't wanted to make things complicated.

|| After Four Years ||

Mika and I had turned 12. The little children had grown a bit too. I was getting used to their annoyance. And the thing I hated the most is Mika's attitude. He's always smart but also an idiot who carries all the burden on his own.

~*~*~*

Akane served curry for us. I sat down and stared at the dish she made. The other children giggled happily and began to dig in. Then I asked her, "Where did you get all the ingredients from?" The brunette smiled and told me that Mika was the one who bought all them.

I scowled at the thought of it. Mika must've exchanged his blood to that vampire in order to get money. That idiot!

"Come to think of it,where's Mika?" She asked me. I shrugged and replied, "Who knows." With that said,I made my way upstairs and layed on the wooden floor.

"Aren't you gonna eat?"

"Not hungry."

|| Time Skip ||