SHIELD

A port in the side of the gargantuan ship opens up as we fly towards it, landing as the door closes behind us and a dark-skinned, tall man with an eyepatch walks up to us. Nick Fury. My father told me...colorful things about him. I dismount my ice-bird and stroke its flank, feeling its tense muscles. I murmur soothingly to it and slowly feel its muscles relax. It's frost breath puts an ominous chill in the air.

"Good work, Mr. Stark," Fury says as we walk up, Iron Man flipping his face mask up.

"Thanks, Fury. You know..." Stark leans in close and whispers something. I could only pick out a few words, but they were enough to prove their point: 'could' 'one' 'them'. One of who? I bristle and I can feel my temper rising. Calm down, Kier. You might have to play the pawn in their little chess game to get their trust. I sigh through my nose and wait for them to finish arguing. I clear my throat and they turn and look at me.

"Sorry for interrupting," I start, taking my hand off of my ice-bird and walking towards them. "But, heh, I...was the one who, um, destroyed Loki's staff."

"You WHAT?!" Stark and Fury yell at the same time.

"Well, technically it was my ice-bird." I gesture to him.

"Even still. That's no mortal feat," Fury comments. I can't help but chuckle a little at the irony of that.

"Actually, I'm not exactly mortal. I don't know if the man of the soda cans told you, but I'm sort of the son of Loki." Fury's first reaction was surprise, then anger. He glares at Stark with more force than a stampeding bilge snipe. Yet, he doesn't seem fazed at all. He's glaring at me and didn't notice Fury's shooting daggers at him. I smirk at both of them. Obviously I have more intelligence in this area than either of them.

"Why aren't you in a cell yet?" Fury asks.

"He's just a kid!" Stark argues.

"I can't go in a cell!" I agree.

"He is related to Loki! That means he has powers that we don't know about yet. We can't just let him go." I fume in my mind. I clench my hands into fists and try not to turn Fury into a cat. I can't show them more of my powers. Not yet. I relax as much as I can and sigh.

"I'll go in a cell. I'll do whatever you want, just as it gets you to find Loki and give him justice." Fury nods.

"At least you're cooperating." He motions to some nearby guards who wrestle my arms behind my back and snap energy cuffs around me. Then some more guards run up to my ice-bird with energy chains and I can't hold my emotions back anymore.

"Leave it alone!" I yell as my ice-bird caws in anger. "Let it go! It doesn't mean anything to you!"

"You created it, so yes it does," Fury argues as they drag me away.

"NO!" I yell and turn into a blackbird, flying out and beating and pecking and slashing at the guards' heads. I create enough of a diversion to punch the button that opens the door.

"Go!" I caw to my ice-bird and it does. It blends into the night and soars down to earth. By then, I have guards shooting tranquilizers at me, so I give the illusion that I'm a normal sparrow and flit around the room. Being smaller, I make a harder target and I fly out the door as fast as I can, diving towards earth. If they want to hurt my ice-bird, then I will not ally with them. Something stabs into my back and I screech, careening towards earth and turning human in the process. I crash onto something feathery and cold before I pass out.