The Thief

I run through the streets, clutching a bright blue cube to my chest. I don't know what it is, but Loki told me to snatch it. So I took it. With a bunch of Asgardian guards on my tail, I think I'll have a hard time getting across the Rainbow Bridge. Oh well. I am meeting Loki there. He'll cover for me. But it's not like I can't take care of myself. I am the god of illusions, after all. I can just cast myself as an illusion and run away as an Asgardian guard. In fact... I channel my power and make a double of me sprint off in the opposite direction as I turn into a street patrol. I walk through the streets, as casually as I can with a humming cube. I make it to the Bifrost, drop my illusion, and sprint to Loki. 

"Kier!" he calls out. "Come! We have buisness to attend to." 

"Yes, father!" I call back. I remove the cube from my robes, which are starting to singe, and hand it to him. He looks it over and smiles his creepy smile.

"Excellent," he muses. "Good work, Kier." I smile brightly. Loki almost never compliments me like that. 

"So where are we going to this time, father?" I ask. "Trojenheim? Yotenheim? Vanaheim?" 

"Midgard," he responds. Midgard? I haven't heard of Midgard since Loki last took me there. The mortals there hate him. So why are we going? I'm not one to argue with my father, but this is madness. Not that I'd expect less from the guy who forced SHIELD to (almost) nuke New York. 

"We can't go there," I argue. "The mortals will capture us and lock us in Asgardian prison again!"

"Don't care," Loki replies snobbishly. "We can use this," he bounces the cube in his hand. "To escape anything."  I raise my eyebrow. 

"Even SHIELD?" I ask. Loki laughs. 

"Even SHIELD." We walk back into Asgard, looking like normal townspeople. One last thing is needed, which we will steal together. I part from my father to slug someone in the jaw as a diversion. We wrestle in the street, me changing into him and putting one of my infamous illusions around him so he looks like me. Then I stagger up, leaving the man sprawled out on the ground right as the guard comes. 

"What happened here?" one of them asks sharply. 

"He...he attacked me," I squeak in one of the many voices I've learned to mimic. "That man. I just managed to make him pass out before I sustained any futher damage-oh!" I make a bloodstain appear on the side of my head and fall to my knees. I notice the person my father turned into slip into a freshly melted portion of the Archives. Okay. He's in. I ignore the guards' worried yells and stand up. I dismiss them with an "I'm fine, thank you" and walk away. I wander through the streets for a while until it's almost the time for nighttime merriment to start and I slip quietly into the Archives.