Recovery

My father meets me there as a guard and I change into one similar to his. 

"Are you ready?" he asks. I nod and walk through the door, only to run into none other than my uncle. Whee. 

"What is your buisness here?" Thor asks. 

"We are checking on the Tesser-activator," my father says in a deep, husky voice. A girl walks out from behind my uncle and my heart skips more than a few beats. 

"No one is permitted inside until after dawn next morning," she says in a voice with the same cocky authority as her father's. It's still gorgeous. 

"Silent, Torin," my uncle says gently. So. That's her name. Torin. It's beautiful. "But she is right," my uncle continues, "No one is let in." 

"We have direct orders from Odin," my father counteracts. "Urgent orders." Torin begins to protest, but stops. No one can defy orders from Odin. 

"Then go," Thor gives in. "But be out quickly." We nod and walk in. Thor closes the door and he and Torin mumble to each other. We stride back to the cell where the Tesser-activator is kept and look around. Only Thor and (heart skipped a beat here) Torin. Loki nods to me and I nod back. Time for our royal acting debut. I yell as Loki takes out a fake, collapsible knife that has already been bloodstained and pushes it onto my chest, making it slide into itself. I yell as if I really have been stabbed and crumple to the ground, clutching the knife to my stomach. I make my eyes seem clouded and I make blood pour out of my "wound." I love being an illusionist. Loki laughs maniacally and turns back into himself. Thor and Torin run up, Thor with his hammer and Torin with her sword. 

"Loki!" Thor snarls. Torin kneels next to me and looks at me with worried eyes. I hate doing this to her, but I'd rather hurt her a little than get my father and I thrown in prison again. Then I would never see her for the rest of my life. 

"Are you all right?" she asks quietly. I nod and make a trickle of blood drip out of my mouth for effect. 

"Come with me," Torin says and hauls me to my feet and throws an arm around my waist. I am freaking out in my head right now. She's actually helping me! Wait...what? Why am I so hyped up over her? I've never been like this around her before. Stick to the plan, Kier. Focus. I glance back at my father as we walk out. Time to excecute (sigh)...my part of the plan.

"I really hate to do this," I whisper and judo-flip Torin backward onto the ground, turning into a blackbird and flying towards the Tesser-activator. Torin sits up, gasping, the wind knocked out of her. I wish I could tell her how sorry I am, but, you know, I'm sort of a bird. I swoop through the force field that Loki deactivated and snatch up the Tesser-activation, flying away as fast as I can with a 20-pound deadweight. I eventually soar out the skylight with the Tesser-activatior in my tight grasp. I glide as far as I can over the city before I'm practically dragging the thing on the rooftops before flapping wildly again to gain altitude. A change in appearance is in store, and in a blink I'm an Asgardian hunting falcon flying aimlessly through the sky, the Tesser-activator invisible to any eye. I glide over Asgard until I see my father appear in a side street with his arm held out, palm-up. I corkscrew down to him, dropping the machine in his hand and landing lightly on his arm. He smiles his creepy, mischevious smile and walks through the Portal in the Wall, a common thief's transport to one of the Hiders, virtually invisible hideouts for thieves of all sorts and kinds, courtesy of Loki. We have our own special one, since we practically rule down there. We appear there in record time, with no one noticing we're here. I turn human and crash on my water bed, watching my dad pack. We're leaving for Midgard soon. I get up, grab a backpack, and throw some of my favorite belongings into it. A Midgardian phone, a picture of Torin, a sweatshirt, a pen and notebook, a change of Midgardian clothes and an enchanted bag that gives you as much food and water as you wish and still fits in your pocket. I zip the pack shut and clasp it, throwing it over my shoulder. Then I walk to my mirror and make the illusion that I'm dressed in Levi's jeans, a black t-shirt and Converse. I've been to Midgard a few times recently and know what to wear. Then I rub my hair so that I don't look like a greaser and let my bangs flow around to the side of my head, making them barely hover above my eyebrows, and make the tips dark green. Then I crop my hair short on the ends and look at myself in a mirror. Boy do I look Midgardian. My dad looks a lot the same, only his hair is tousled all over his face and neck. "You ready?" he asks in his best Midgardian accent. I nod curtly and watch as he slips the Tesseract into the Tesser-Activator. I grab one end and he the other, twisting his so it lines up with mine. A bright blue light envelops us before we disappear. Off to Midgard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, Rune here. I'm not going to post any more of this unless all my readers share this with their friends by any means you wish. I'm not going to post until I hit 20 reads. Good luck!!

~Rune