Leaving

Mara's POV

"Come in." I heard Maryse shout from the other side of the door. I opened it and closed it again behind me. I went over to her desk and took a seat.
"I think you have succeeded successfully in your mission. You can be out of here by Sunday and collect your payment tomorrow morning." She told me. That was it. By the end of the week I would never see Isabelle, Alec or Clary again and I won't even get to help them find Jace. This would be the last time I was allowed in the institute. I was a downworlder after all.

I decided it was best to leave sooner than never. I went to my room and pack everything I didn't need. I drank two blood bags and threw them in the bin. I left out a pair of black jeans and a grey crop top for tomorrow. I then climbed into bed.

I woke up and the first thing I did was go to breakfast. I went and sat next to Alec. Afterwards he took me to his room and he started kissing me. I buried my nose in his neck and I could hear the pumping again. I panicked.
"I'm sorry I have to go." I said quickly before leaving. I heard him chase after me but I just ignored it. I then ran to Maryse's office.
"I'm here for my payment." I told her. She nodded.
"Here you go." She said handing me a bag.
"I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving now." I said.
"Well thank you for this." I nodded and walked out. I grabbed my bag from my room and headed to Hotel Dumort.

"Raphael," I shouted as I walked through the door of the hotel once more.
"Hello?" I heard him reply. He walked round the corner and saw me.
"I know this is last minute but I need a place to stay." I told him.
"They get sick of you already?" he asked.
"No." I said shaking my head. "I finished my work."
"Well I have a room for you." He said.
"Thank you." I told him.
"It's the least I could do for an old friend." He said giving me a weak smile. He then took me to my room and let me unpack. I did so but I kept feeling like I had forgotten something.