The Party

Alec's POV

I was at the bar mingling with people when someone walking through the door caught my eye. Mara walked in and she looked stunning. She was wearing a skintight black dress with an open zip in the bottom left corner and her curly blonde hair was straight.
"You look amazing." I told her as she approached me. I suddenly got butterflies in my stomach as she stood right in front of me.
"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself." She said in her strong British accent. I blushed a little but hopefully she didn't notice.
"Do you want to dance." She asked. I nodded and she took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor. We danced to a few upbeat songs and then eventually a slow song came on. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist. I looked directly in her blue eyes only they were hazel. I didn't want to question it.

"Hey have you guys seen Clary and Jace?" Isabelle asked us.
"No, not since this morning." I answered her.
"You don't think their-" Izzy started.
"No." I said quickly.
"Clary mentioned something earlier about the book of the White, does that ring a bell?" Mara asked us. I thought for a moment.
"Magnus mentioned it to me yesterday." I told them.
"Let's go and find him then." Izzy said.

We got to Magnus's house and we walked in the find him and Camille kissing. I should be heartbroken after everything I had risked to be with him but I wasn't. I didn't care really and I didn't know why.
"Err we were just negotiating an agreement." Magnus said awkwardly.
"And does that agreement come with a quick peck on the lips?" Isabelle asked. I was about to say something but Clary walked in.
"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.
"Looking for you, where's Jace?" Mara then asked.
"Didn't you hear he ran off earlier, to find Valentine." She said. I froze.

Mara's POV

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked Alec. It hurt me that he couldn't trust me yet. Then again why should he? I will be gone in a few weeks if everything goes to plan.
"I didn't want you to worry." He told me.
"That isn't our main priority right now, Jace is fine I spoke to him on the phone earlier. We need to find the book of the White so we can wake my mom up." Clary said. She has already told me so much about Jocelyn and I could wait to meet her.

Camille took us to her apartment but soon left us to find the book ourselves. We already had a bit of a head start because we had the bookmark to help us. I wandered off into what looked like Camille's bedroom. Clary and Simon were downstairs and Isabelle and Alec were in the library. I looked for about an hour and decided to go into the next room but as I walked out the door someone grabbed me covering my mouth with their hand. I was being near enough dragged along the floor and eventually I came to a stop and I was being held with my hand behind my back and Clary and Jace were the only ones who weren't. They were talking to some man. It must have been Valentine. I then looked over at Alec and locked my eyes with his. I was so scared.