Chapter Nine: Talks

MADELYN'S POV
"You gotta tell him Maddie, I know you don't want to but-" Johnny starts.
"No, Johnny, you don't know because if tell him, as soon as he gets out the first thing he's gonna do is go for him and he'll get thrown back in and I can't handle that, I don't know what to do." I sob. Johnny wraps me in his arms in a friendly way.
"I know, but Maddie, if you tell him now he can't do anything, and I don't think he will when he sees your any for the first time." Johnny assured me. I nod hoping he was right. "What about your job?"
"I'm not going back there, there is no way I'm going back there, you couldn't pay me." I state wiping my eyes with the back of my hand snuggling closer into Dally jacket portraying me from the April winds.
"Understandable; you should also tell the Curtis' they are really worried about you." Johnny says throwing his hands into his jean jacket pockets. I nod again in agreement.
"Okay,"
We make a turn On the block heading for the jail to see Dally it was my once a week pass.
Johnny was right again, a walk really did help.
By the time we got there it was late afternoon.
I got checked and passed through to talk to him through a phone but being able to see him through a glass window. I was seated first and Dallas was soon to follow.
"Hey doll, you been?" He asks worry in his eyes.
"Tired," I admit giving him a small smile tears threatening to spill from my eyes. "You?"
"What happened?"  He asks ignoring my question.
"If I tell you, you gotta promise that you won't do anything rash alright?" Yo yearn him putting your hands on the small table in front of you. He nods.
"I promise."
So I told him the story, every detail, with tears now spilling from my eyes at a rapid pace and small quiet sobs being heard.
Anger takes over Dally's face, soon followed by a deep breath.
"I'll kill him, so fast he won't even know what him, I'll beat him to a pulp, he won't be able to see or feel when I'm finished with him." Dallas says calmly, it actually kinda scared me.
"Dally, you can't, when You get outta here, I wanna be a family." I smile a little. "Please." I add.
He sees the hurt in my eyes and calms down.
"We will, I promise we will." He nods putting his hand up to the glass subconsciously. I just nod. "I love you so much, I miss you so much."
"I love you too, and I miss you too." I say taking a deep breath and meeting his hand at the glass.

After my talk with Dallas I made my way back home where I knew they would be wanting answers, and I gave them to them as soon as I sat them down. I knew they cared about me and I them, so they deserved to know why I was such a wreck last night.
"Please, if you need anything we will always be here." Soda smiles hugging me tightly. I nod sniffling.
"Okay I will." I chuckle.
"We love you too much to see anything happen to you." Soda finishes.
"What's his name again?" Darry asks.
"Charlie, he was my boss but please don't do anything irrational." You warn wiping your eyes on a tissue.
"No promises, we want to see you happy." Darry says hugging me tightly in his arms in a brother, sister way.