Chapter 22: Going Out of My Head

Start from the beginning

Stuttering, I glanced elsewhere but him, trying to forget about the Adonis that stood in front of me. “I-I-I left it home…”

“You don’t have one, do ya?” his perfectly outlined brow rose, making his features and smirking look appealing.

I was going to open my mouth and protest, but it was too late. My gaze landed on him and I was swept off my feet.

“You pouted,” he smirked and continued to walk towards his mahogany drawers, “you always pout when you lie.”

“I don’t—“

He snapped his eyes to mine while he narrowed them, daring me to continue my fib as a grin grew larger every second. My gaze fell, not resisting a tad more of the intense feeling that exploded inside my gut. There was no denying, I was totally and utterly attracted to Andrew. And the question was… why didn’t I felt this before?

Guess the saying is right: you never know what you have till you lose it.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized and glanced back at his smirk.

“Very good. Now, what are you doing sitting there? It’s seven in the morning and I need you to get me my coffee and suit.”

Puzzled, I looked at him weirdly, not knowing what to do. He let out a loud, exasperated sigh and lectured me. “You’re an assistant. You supposed to be making my life easier—coffee, writing important things down, reminding me of appointments, choosing my wardrobe and helping me in every need. Now get off my bed and start your work.”

“But it’s—“

“No! It’s not your day off if you want a good pay,” he already answered my interrupted question. “We have twenty minutes to leave, I suggest you to open my closet and bring me an outfit.”

How am I supposed to do—agh!

Swiftly, I flew off the bed and ran inside his closet. Big, luxurious, and full of expensive clothes was an understatement for that ‘closet’. The walk-in closet felt like a lavish boutique for men!

“Um… let’s see,” I murmured trying to choose a good suit for him.

A grey one caught my attention and it was strategically hanged just in front of me. Grabbing its hanger and running back to the room, I stumbled however I managed not to trip over. “Here,” I said but quickly, I gasped and covered my eyes with the suit.

The image swirled and harassed my every thought. Andrew. In briefs boxers. Sexiness. And muscles.

“Hmm…” he moaned pensively as he leisurely clutched he hanger, “good choice.”

“Uh…”

“Let go of the hanger, Miss Benjamin,” I could sense amusement behind his tone and so, I let go.

I couldn’t blink neither could I breathe. He was beautiful... alluring… handsome.

“Now the coffee and start writing down everything I say,” he saw my awestruck stance and bellowed, “Get going, Miss Benjamin. We don’t have all day!”

 Quickly and edgily, I ran to the kitchen and tried to decode the costly and complicated coffee maker. But I managed it and just when the strong and alluring scent smacked my nose, I heard his husky voice roar.

“There’s food on the table, just sit and wait for me,” he ordered, fairly annoyed.

Swallowing my pride and obeying, I went to the wooden dining table and drew a chair to sit on. I sighed while I drummed my fingertips against the surface. Glancing at the big paper bags with Joelle’s logo on it, I kept the urge of devouring its inside. Could it be hash browns and fried eggs with bacon? By the scent it sprouted I just knew I wouldn’t be disappointed.