Chapter 1: Parties

This is never ending, this party I mean. This party where I’m forced to watch dick headed jocks and cock breathed cheerleader sluts bump their lower halves together. Seriously there are way better things I could be doing right now like bumping my own lower half (if you know what I mean). I have to admit I wasn’t exactly forced to this party. After hours of contemplating, and I do mean hours. I decided that there was someone there I needed to see, someone who was worth all the drama. Peter Todson, the captain of the swim team and recently my latest obsession.

Hearts are a curse seriously. I know this because mine prevents me from doing crazy cool shit like actually talking to Peter. I saw him tonight, all night in fact but I couldn’t speak to him. Not even when he came over to me and asked if I was at his last meet. I was but I couldn’t say so. Instead I was frozen in a position that made me seem like all I was interested in was the sex with clothes on taking place on the other side of the room. I wouldn’t be surprised if he carved the word pervert into my locker door and avoided me for the rest of his life. I would however be surprised if he did decide to talk to me again. He did.

After 7 songs he made his way back over to me. He was attempting to make contact with me for the second time in the same day, a record.

“Hey Gregg, are you feeling better now?”

Once again my eyes went straight for the sex corner.

“Do you like what they’re doing over there?” he was trying to joke with me and it actually worked. It was enough to snap me out of that trance.

“No, no I didn’t- I wasn’t watching them”

“I saw you at my Swim meet last time, did you think I was good- I swam for you, you know.”

“You got in first place” I caught myself blushing.

My best friend Sherrie taught me all about flirting but when your hearts beating faster than the speed of light, you tend to forget everything. Seriously I couldn’t tell if he was flirting or if I was flirting or if maybe I was hallucinating. My mind was working way harder than usual too, translating his every word into dummy so I could comprehend it.

“Yeah, I did it for you.”

“Why do you like me or something?” clearly my brain wasn’t functioning correctly because if it was I would be stuck on the fact that is a good thing.

“I was flirting or at least trying to.” He gave confident smile like he does when he’s holding a trophy or collecting an award.

“Oh I didn’t realize. Was it a dare or something?”

“No not really. A little birdy told me that you like me and I thought, oh Gregg he’s really cute.”

I was red, completely red. This had to be some sort of joke. I'm not cute; in fact I'm not anything but a lazy good for nothing that sucks in math. Why would such a god like Peter like me?

“I think you’ve got the wrong Gregg. Maybe that birdy meant Gregg Quinn.”