Chapter 9: Friend

I woke up at 5:30 out of anticipation. I got up and took the longest shower ever. When I got out of the bathroom Grayson was giving me the finger. It was probably because I didn’t wake him up but who cares? Today is all about me. I walked to my room with my towel wrapped around my waist. My phone vibrated on my bed with Noah’s name on the screen.

“Good Morning babe” Noah answered in his morning voice.

“Hey”

“You’re totally rocking that towel.”

“Oh thanks” I covered my chest and blushed. 

“So I was thinking that maybe you could just go to school today.”

“What? Why?” 

“Well Peter’s over here and he’s all sad because Grayson cheated on him or something.” I felt my heart sink. Sherrie was right. My happy face turned into an uncontrollable pout.  

“Noah that’s not fair.”

“Gregg don't cry we can try again. How about-”

“I'm not crying”

“I'm watching you wipe your tears.”

“Well then you know how angry I am!!!” I quickly hung up then closed my curtain. I can’t remember the last time I cried. Probably when I was young and it didn't feel like this. I hate Peter Todson.

For the next 30 minutes i laid in my bed with my towel and no will power whatsoever. My phone rung a few times with Noah’s name but there was no amount of will power in the world that was ever going to make me answer it. there was a light knock on my door. Before I could answer it my mom had already barged in in her stupid work clothes. Yes they are stupid because her skirt is shorter than everyone else’s in the office. I confronted her about it once. She told me that there was a new boss and she joke about trying to get us a father. How embarrassing.

“Gregg what are you still doing here? Do you need a ride or something?”

“I'm not going to school I don't feel good.”

“Get out of the bed and get dressed. If you didn't feel good then why would you take such a long shower and make your brother late?”

“Why do you always do that? Every time you talk to me you always find some way to add stupid Grayson into it. You don't even love me do you?”

“Gregg! How could you even think that?” She wrapped her arms around me and pulled my head into her chest. Her heart was beating really loud. I bet it was awkward for her to show affection to me since she never does. “Sweetie I love you just as much as I love Grayson.”

“See your doing it again!” I pushed her away then threw myself on my bed. It would have been the perfect exit if my towel was wrapped around me a little tighter. Do know how embarrassing it is to have your mother see your junk? It’s really embarrassing. My face burned as I scrambled to recover my towel.