Chapter 3: Leaving Day

A Couple Years Later...

    It was now a hot mid summer day and I had an ice pack on my face, lying on an old southern couch that had tears here and there.

Alex was upstairs packing to leave for college, while I was downstairs sweating like I worked in a sweat shop. Even in shorts and a flowery lace top I was dying of heat. Pissed off at the heat I stared to become irritated with Alex, as he did not keep his promise to stay with me.

That's when I heard a pair of footsteps coming down the stairs, slowly but surely.

Taking the cooling device off of my face  slightly, I peeked at Alex with one eye. He didn't even pay attention to me, even as I glared daggers at him like he was a pork roast on thanksgiving day.

"Alexxxxx" I whined out.

He paid no attention to me. Getting up as silently as I could I stalked towards him, while he was making sure that everything was in place for when he left.

Grinning to myself I pounced on him like a puma.

"Ha!" I laughed, very proud of myself that I got him in my trap, legs wrapped around his torso.

I blew into his ear; at that he stilled but didn't move. He never acts like this, I thought to myself. That's when he jumped back, making me lose my balance and pinned me to the cool floor.

"Do it bro. I double Wolfy dog dare you. Cause if you don't i'll poodle doodle you." I half laughed out.

His blue eyes pierced me, making me shiver even though it was a million degrees to hot outside.

"And what would you be daring me exactly, my dear baby sister?" Grinning slightly at the side of his mouth.

I couldn't help but move my legs ever so slightly to distract him, shirt halfway pulled up.

I bit my lip ever so lightly, watching as his eyes started to turn dark black. He growled lightly under his breath.

"You're playing a very dangerous game here angel."

I shook my head innocently. "I don't know what you mean."

Just as he was about to get frisky with me the doorbell rang loud and proud.

"Always a doorbell ruining our good moments." I huffed out.

That's when Alex regained his conscience, fixing up his hair and brushing off any dirt from his clothes, before answering the door.

He smiled widely at who was on the other side of the door. It was his new friend Miranda.

I slowly stood up as he gestured her into the house. I was skeptical of people and didn't particularly trust this woman. She was always over Alex, acting all high and mighty because he was an alpha.

I mean not only that but she's seriously going to the same college as him! I mean seriously, stalker alert!

I was so upset that I couldn't go. But my foster mother decided to keep me here, saying we 'needed space'. Meaning Alex and I needed to separate for a while. I don't want space, but before I even had a say in it Alex agreed with her, without even a glance at me.

"Oh Alex, I can't wait to go, I'm so excited to move from here and get a dorm. I hope we get to dorm together." Miranda purred out, shooting me glares.

When I was about to retort and make a mean ass comment, Alex interjected, "women and men can't dorm together." He laughed lowly but surely.

This bitch was dumb if she thought that she could get a piece of that behind a closed door with him. Although I have my suspicions of them.