Loyal to the end.

The Batmobile's engine let out a heavy roar, the monster of a machine vanishing into the darkness, in which Master Bruce used as a menacing tool to accomplish his burning desire to rid our city of its filth. His resolve was solid, as stubborn as the same crime he sought so desperately after to weed out. I, unlike the rest of our nearly forsaken city, had learned this a very long time ago. As the sounds of Master Bruce's preferred choice of travel stopped reverberating off the walls of the cave, I made to move back into the manor, his daily clothes draped over the arm I had crooked before me. After all, they needed to be washed and pressed.

Master Bruce still carried around the weight of what had happened to his parents from all those years ago, as did I, but he had taken it harder than I could have ever dreamed to. Of course, I loved Thomas and Martha, but I couldn't fall apart as their son had- Not that he was to blame for that. I had to be strong for Master Bruce, I had to be the shoulder that he constantly refused to cry on, but eventually relented to. I had to be the one to pull him out of whatever slump he had found himself in. For a while, I was the only one. The revolving door of women- some of them very upstanding, I must add- did nothing to improve his attitude, because Master Bruce could be a very self-destructive person, and the madams did not have the temperament to deal with him. I did.

Then, Master Dick came into our lives. Oh, he was a delight, as was Miss Gordon. Pity, when he had to leave. Master Bruce's controlling tendencies had driven away the one thing that had managed to give him actual 'joy' in a while. Then, Master Jason followed. Then, he—we didn't talk about him for the same reason we only brought up Martha and Thomas in extreme situations. Jason's death sent Master Bruce down a dark path, one that, despite all my efforts and threats, he held onto with a vengeance. Then, Master Tim... A smart boy, that one was. Then, Master Damian came soon after. I shall refrain from commenting on him.

Miss Brown was certainly an eccentric one and Miss Cain... She was quite silent; My favorite one yet.

Our lives have, so far, been something one could find straight out of an action film. It was ludicrous, but, to a degree. I have never been known to chase anything ridiculous; I was trained better than that. But, I know that in this crusade Master Bruce has set off, whatever the outcome, I will always, and forever, be there to support all involved. I will be there for them all, willing and loyal to the end.

Oh, dear. I believe I left the oven on for too long.