How To Be A Dumbass

Aki's P.O.V.

The medical nin, who's name I learnt was Tadao, dutifully worked on my ears as I lay relaxed in the hospital bed.

As I began to start hearing commotion from the battle outside, I realised that Tadao was pretty good at his job.

Just before I was dragged forcibly off the field by a peeved medical nin, a swirl of leaves announced the arrival of the most anticipated contestant.

Sasuke Uchiha.

I stifled a giggle as he and Kakashi stood back-to-back with arms crossed, attempting to look intimidating and cool.
In truth, they looked more like a boy-band.

I was pondering how the wind seemed to instantly know when it was necessary to blow through Sasuke's duck-butt shaped hair in a dramatic way when his gaze interrupted my thoughts.

He took one look at my bedraggled state, flicked his strange hair and probably said something mocking whilst giving me a coy smirk.

He seemed pretty impressed with his insult as Kakashi merely sweatdropped.

I savoured every moment as I comically cupped my ear in an over-the-top way, displaying the blood that steadily trickled down the side of my face from my burst eardrums.

Sasuke stiffened and blushed, embarrassed that his one-liner was completely wasted.

"IF THAT WAS AN INSULT TOWARDS MY APPEARANCE, THEN YOU SHOULD SEE THE OTHER GUY," I yelled with a smirk.

With uncanny timing, Dosu was carried past us on a stretcher, his complexion still pale and his entire body shaking and twitching with the after-shock of my chakra.
Sweat poured off his cut skin and I rose my brows as I only just noticed that my roots had all but crushed his metal contraption beyond repair.

'I'm totally badass!' I praised.

I smiled viciously as Sasuke gaped and opened my mouth for a snarky comment but was cut short as Tadao clapped his hands over my ears again, causing me to yell out in pain as he dragged me out of the arena by my head.

The good Doctor had calmed down some once we made it off the arena floor and into the chambers beyond and walked behind me, still with his hands clasped firmly on my ears.

I sensed the monster before I saw it, he rounded the corner ahead of us and I stiffened at the deadly aura he was emitting.

Gaara didn't even glance at me, but I soon realised that his attention was on the two idiots that lurked in the shadows of the corridor.

'Shit.'

I urged Tadao to walk slightly quicker as he was too intent on my health to notice the imminent threat.

The bloodlust was so thick it was almost palpable and Gaara's expression made the blood in my veins turn to ice.

I froze.

He wasn't in control of his beast.

He'd probably kill these fools.

I gritted my teeth.
'No time, I have to do something.'

Leaning forward, I freed my head from my Doctor's firm grasp as I sped up my movements with what little chakra I had accumulated.