7.)Its You and Its Me

*A Week Later*

I woke up and headed into the kitchen, turning the coffee pot on. it was a dark and rainy day and it made me feel tired. The thing I hate about living in Oregon but on the border to Canada is that the weather is too bipolar. It'll snow and be cold, but then it'll be hot, or it'll just rain. I sighed heading back into my room and throwing on some black skinny jeans and a Dream theater shirt then returned to the kitchen. a few seconds later I heard Ember's door open and she groggily stumbled out.

"Good Morning Sunshine!" I shouted. She jumped back a bit surprised by my sudden volume then glared at me. I laughed and handed her a cup of coffee, which she gladly took and sipped at.

"Morning." she finally muttered sitting on the couch and kicking her feet onto the coffee table.

"So are you excited? Tomorrows Christmas Eve!" I said sitting on the couch beside her sipping my own coffee. She nodded and glanced at the tree.

"How did you get all that done?" She was talking about the shopping I've done over the last week.

"Well Dad sent a few things too." I said.

"Well now I feel bad because I didn't get you nearly as much stuff." she stated in shock.

"Don't worry about it I don't need much." I reassured her.

We spent the rest of the day lounging around until around dinner time when there was a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" Em yelled. It could only be two people.

"Gerard!" he yelled from the door.

"Come in it's open!" I said standing up to greet him. the door swung open then closed.

"Hey." I said and hugged him. he spun me around.

"Hey." he said and kissed my lightly.

"Hey!" Ember said waving cheekily. He chuckled and waved back wandering over to the kitchen to see what we were making.

"I can't cook to save my life so I'm thinking about ordering Pizza." I shrugged turning off the stove and pouring the boiled water back into the sink.

"Sounds good to me." Ember said retreating to the couch to watch MTV.

"Do you even eat human food?" I whispered to Gerard.

"Sometimes." he shrugged.

"Well have you "eaten" yet today?" I said using finger quotations when I said eaten. He shook his head.

"So pizza?" I asked smirking at him.

"YES PIZZA!" He said loudly. I laughed and he pulled me into a hug.

"You're cute." I laughed.

"You're cuter." he said into my hair. I pulled away from him and picked up my phone calling the pizza place.

"Alright I'll go pick it up." I said. our house isn't even really on a street and it doesn't have an address so it's impossible for people to find it.

"No i'll go get it." Gerard offered. We argue for a bit but then decided that he would go get it. I handed him the keys to my truck and hugged him. when he closed the door I pounced on the sleeping Ember.

"What the hell!" she jumped up and fell off the couch and I came tumbling to the ground as well. We both burst into a fit of laughter. When we both stopped laughing an awkward silence set in. I stood up and walked over to the couch and sat back down.

"What would mom think?" I asked Ember.

"About what?" she said sitting next to me.

"Me, would she think I'm doing the right thing to become leader? Would she like Gerard if she were still here?" I said looking at the ceiling.

"I honestly don't know..." Ember said with a sigh. After a few minutes of harsh painful silence the front door flung open.

"I have food!" Gerard said in a sing song voice whilst striding into the kitchen. Ember and I jumped up and followed him to the table grabbing plates.

"Shall we watch a movie tonight?" I offered.

"Oh no not another movie night. You two will just make out through half of it again!" Ember whined.

"I never said you had to be there." I said stuffing my face with pizza to hide the embarrassment.

"Good, you two can have fun with your movie night." Ember laughed. I snapped sassily at her and Gerard laughed.

We finished eating and I pulled out a huge collection of horror movies.

"Ember! It's your favorite! Horror movies you sure you don't wanna watch it with us?" I shouted so she could hear me from down the hall.

"Nope!" she said from her room. I shrugged and laughed.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked Gerard who was flipping through the movies.

"How about Hannibal?" he offered holding up the DVD and smirking, laughing a bit.

"That's some kinda joke isn't it?Blood sucker." I said leaning my face closer to his. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. He put his hand behind my head holding my face close to him so I couldnt move. Not that I wanted to move. I turned around not breaking our lips straddling his waist keeping my hands snaked around his neck.

"Ew ew ew Oh God fuck no ugh no stop just.. Fuck I just needed a root beer. Shit I was not expecting to have my eyes burned out." We pulled away abruptly as Ember walked in horrified. She disappeared into the kitchen and hurried back into her room.

"Please never do that again!" she shouted. We both laughed lightly then retreated to the couch to watch the movie. Within the first twenty minutes I began to get really tired. At the moment, I was laying on Gerard's chest, my head where his heart would be if he had a beating one and his arms were locked around me. Before I knew it I fell asleep.

I woke up to someone poking my head. I groaned inwardly and buried my head into Gerard's chest.

"Clarity wake up." he shook me.

"No." I mumbled.

"Your sisters going to be up soon and I have to go before the others hunt me down." he said lightly laughing and stroking my hair.

"Ugh fine." I rolled off of him and onto the floor. "Gah Fuck! I forgot we were on the couch."

"You're clumsy." He helped me off the wood floor and laughed.

"I'm aware." I said.

"Well, I'll see you soon. I promise." he said pulling me into a hug and kissing me lightly.

"Okay see you." I said as he pulled away and headed for the door.

"Oh I almost forgot," He pulled something out of his pocket and stuck it in my hand. "Merry Christmas." he disappeared out the door before I could look at whatever he gave me or say a word. I opened the little box in my hand. My mouth fell open. It was a necklace and a fancy one at that! I picked it up out of the box and held it in the light. The pendant was a golden circle with little symbols outlining a red gem in the middle. I was stunned. Gosh.

I was snapped out of my trance when Ember walked out of her room.

"Good morning! Ugh I can't look at you in the same way anymore!" Ember laughed. I put the necklace in my pocket and playfully shoved her.

"Oh shut up." I laughed. When she went back into her room I went into the bathroom an put on the necklace. I smiled.

Careful this could be part of his plan to murder you and everyone else.

I grimaced at myself. No he's not going to hurt me, he promised.