~ Chapter 14 ~

Time stood still as we both stared at one another, Emmett face overcame with emotions; mostly confusion "I'm your what?" He says breaking the awkward moment. I took a shaky breath and moved away from him, that wasn't meant to come out... I just couldn't stop my words.

"Nothing" I tried to play it off but Emmett shook his head and moves closer to me, almost crossing the treaty line.

"No" His ruff voice whispers softly to me, making me shiver "I want to know" My eyes connected with his, I couldn't tell him the meaning of the Imprint.

He deserves better then a girl like me.... A wolf shifter.

"It's not important" I mumbled out, my heart hurt at the words.

"I don't believe you" He placed his hand on my cheek, I leaned into his touch as he began to rub my cheek with his thumb "Imprinting means something" He spoke softly "I can see it in your eyes" I look to the ground "It also has something to do with your smell and why I was in pain when he..." he growled "He kissed you" I look back up at him "please tell me"

My heart raised, I nod my head.... It was time to face the music, time to find out if the spirits were right about our connection "Imprinting means" I took a breath and placed my hand over the one on my cheek "It means your my soul mate" He looked at me in shock and took a step back.

I began to panic "It doesn't mean we have to be together" I rushed out "We can be friends or like brother and sister" I played with my hair, hoping to keep myself from crying "I just need you in my life" Oh dear, I was going to be rejected but isn't this what I always wanted?

"I don't know what to say" He spoke up, I shook my head and move further away from him.

"You don't have to say anything" I whimpered "I get it" I quickly wiped away the lone tears that fell from my eyes "I'll keep away, I promise" I sobbed out and turned to walk away.

"Wait! Taylor" He called out for me, I spun back round "Please don't go"

"I have to" I spoke softly "I know you going to rej.."

"I didn't even say anything about rejection" He shouts out, looking at me sternly "Now your putting words in my mouth" He sighs and runs his hands over his face "I was just taking the information in"

I smiled at little... There was still hope "Sorry" I mumbled " I just thought you wouldn't want anything to do with a wolf"

"What about you?"

I title my head to the side "Me? What about me?"

"How do you feel about it?" I froze, did he really want to know the truth or should I lie. I opened my mouth to spoke but was cut off "And don't even think about lying"

I let out a laugh, making him grin "I freaked out and got angry" I answered, staring at him "It happened the night at Bella's house"

"That was why you were so worked up?" He asked, I nod in reply "Huh, I have to admit something to you too Tay" I walked closer to the treaty line and stood face to face with him, he places a piece of my hair behind my ear "Your my blood singer meaning mate"

I look to him in surprise "Really" My heart pounded in my chest.... This man in front of me was not only my mate but I was his.

"Really" The world around me faded, our faces came closer, my eyes looked to his lips then his face... My palms began to sweat and my breathing became quicker, I was going to have my first kiss with my imprint. I was squealing on the inside... Calm down girl, it's not like you haven't been kissed before, I mean your the man whores sister.

However this was different, this was my soul mate.... HOWLLL!!!! I quickly separated from Emmett grip and looked around the woods "Stupid pack" I mumbled, I lightened up at the sound of Emmett chuckling.

"Your pack is calling" He says with a smile, but his eyes held disappointment "Rain check on that kiss baby"

"Promise" I asked

He laughed at me and shook his head in amusement "I promise" He leans forward and presses his lips to my cheek "See you later baby"

"Bye Emmett" I sighed as I watched him run off into the distance.... HOWLL!!!

I growled and shifted, forgetting the clothes that I was wearing were Emmett's "Why the hell are you at the treaty line Taylor?" Sam and Paul asked me.

"I was anger at Embry and went for a run and found a Cullen near the line and went to tell him off" I lied, well sort of lied; a Cullen was at the treaty line.

My Emmett.

"Well get your ass in to gear sis" Paul told me "The redhead leech as been spotted not too far from where you are"

"Paul's right Taylor" Sam took over "See if you can sniff her out and try to chase her towards us" I cringed at the thoughts of her hurting me like last time.

"Hey, don't worry sis, Leah and Embry are on there way to you" I nodded my head and began sniffing around for Victoria.

Come out, come out. Wherever you are. It's like a game of hide and seek but with stronger senses and been found could mean death or been injured.... My hopes are all on her been killed, then maybe we can get back to our normal lives.

However mine is never going to normal.... Is it?