CHAPTER 3: A Microphone Cord & The Tale of Seven

Start from the beginning

          "Knew what?" The two turned towards the door and a familiar joyous face grinned at the two.

          "Inspector Cal," the two chorused. Wynstonne bowed his head a bit in respect, Elucel opting for a small nod in greeting. Callister raised his hand in acknowledgment.

          "All three murders that have occurred in our campus—the death of Mars Sollaire, April Sevil, and her," He gestured towards the woman's corpse in he chair, "Maeve Valentine, have all been killed by just one person. We have a serial killer in the loose." For some apparent reason, Wynstonne frowned at the statement.

          "You only realised that now? I think I might have to rethink thinking you were almost as great as me." Wynstonne teased, crossing his arms and looking the other way. Callister and Elucel rolled their eyes, shaking their heads in disbelief.

          "I obviously had to make sure everything was connected and that my theory was actually probable—" Wynstonne just childishly extended his arm, his palm coming in contact with Elucel's face.

          "I was just joking." Elucel brought Wynstonne's hand out of his face, glaring at the elder.

          "It didn't seem like you we—"

          "Stop it you two, now's not the time to bicker about such foolish things. Just as Elucel has said, there is a serial killer on the loose and we must catch him . . or her." The two nodded in agreement, seemingly embarrassed at their little kerfuffle.

          "All right, now Wynstonne, go on and search the crime scene," Callister pointed his forefinger at the said man, Wynstonne bowing his head in understanding, "and Elucel, go and fetch your girlfriend." Elucel's breath caught up in his throat while Wynstonne held in his laughter.

          "Girlfriend . . ?"

          "Girlfrie—pfft."

          "What are you planning to do, huh? I told you to get your girlfriend, now hurry!" Elucel was about to protest when Callister held up his hand and gestured the lad to go ahead and carry on the task. Elucel sighed, turning around to head out the door.

          Once he was out of earshot, Wynstonne turned to his superior with an eyebrow raised. "You do know that they aren't . . together, right?" A lopsided grin appeared on Callister's lips as he examined the crime scene.

          "Of course I do."

          Elucel ran, his ragged breathes filling the air as he ran. He halted in front of the building, crouching to his knees as he panted. The young lad walked up the stairs, entering the building no male student is allowed to enter—the Women's Dormitory.

           He earned skeptical looks from workers but the guards did not stop him, they knew he was there for an urgent matter. Elucel approached the desc, his strong gaze upon the attendant behind the counter. "H–how may I help you, s–sir?" Tremor shook in her voice, the attendant's hand shaking in what Elucel assumed to be nervousness.

          "Call Aurum, Aurum Cinder, now." The girl meekly nodded before bowing her head as her shaking hands gripped the Phone Pad. She speedily looked for the said woman's name, pressing on it before handing the device to Elucel. He took it with a nod, silently muttering a 'thank you'. He waited for a few moments before a hologram of Aurum appeared before him.